Monday, October 18, 2010

USDAA thoughts for my baby dog

Well, nationals has me thinking alot of about deuce's future and what I expect of him. I am not talking about putting pressure on him, just what goals I have for him in the future. I know there will be a learning curve for both of us and he is a mix of Miller and Harley so running him will be different. I know that I have instilled exactly what contact behavior I want and what weave pole behavior I want and I think that will help me immensely. SO many of my miscues with Miller are because of lack of training in the beginning which is okay because even though I trained Berry to do agility, I still was learning alot when I got miller. I want to instill all the foundation work I can get in him so that he can handle pressure, he can respond to being asked to step it up, and that he can have a nice balance between handler and obstacle focus. I have such high hopes for him, yet don't want to put any undue pressure on him. I will love him even if he never sets foot into the agility ring or wins a class or goes to a nationals. He truly is the sweetest, goofiest aussie I have ever had and I love that about him. He could be a lap dog and I would be happy but I hope he loves agility as much as I do. Here is to the future and what we can accomplish!

No comments:

Post a Comment