Monday, February 18, 2013

rebound?

I went into these three days with a little bit better attitude and a whole lot of small tiny goals.  I wanted barless runs and i wanted good contacts.  Anything else was icing on the cake.  This was a four day trial but I only entered three and entered T2B along with standard and jumpers.  T2B was first friday and saturday so  I used it as a warm up as I always do.  Friday's run was smoking hot with one bar and not a bar I thought he might take.  I will take it, I was happy.  Then jumpers came and he refused a jump.  I honestly don't think he even saw it as I was sending it to him and staying close to the weaves since it was a wrap back to the weaves.  I really thought if I had too much motion to the jump that he would take it in full extension and then in his rush to catch up to get the weaves, would either back jump or hit the poles in a non collected manner and probably pop out or go in second pole.  Anyway, he compensated by not taking the jump and going straight to the weaves.  That was the tightest wrap around me he has ever done and of course he did it twice before he realized there was a jump even back there.  Then he went around behind the jump and took it going the wrong way but it did line him up for a better weave entry LOLOL!  I had to laugh and we finished the course with of course NO bars.  Figures:)   Standard was one of those runs that you dream of.  We were in sync, no screaming, good contacts, perfect weaves and we got a Q!!!!!!  I was shocked and the whole place cheered for me.  That is the beauty of having great agility friends, they are there for you in the good and  the bad.  We ended up in fourth place, right behind those smoking BCs.  I was really, really happy.  What changed?  I haven't a clue.

Of course the next day the butterflies which have been absent for a while returned to my tummy when we stepped to the line.  Q in T2B but some wide turns so only 8 points.  Jumpers had one little bar, but again in standard, a Q!!!!!!!  Wasn't as tight of a run with two wide turns, one doing a very wide spread 180 with his beloved weaves calling his name and one where I really think he had gone over the finish jump so he floated till he realized it was time for the beloved weaves.  We were probably in the top 10 and I am still super pumped.

Then sunday came.  Dropped bar in JWW.  Dropped the triple in standard and then multiple mistakes.  I hate to end on a bad note but I was overall very pleased with the weekend.  Still need to find a time to condition him.  I truly believe his bars are a product of being out of shape.  The footing was much better this weekend so instead of multiple knocked bars, he only had one per run but he needs to figure out how to deal with crappy footing.  I do believe that this weekend was probably a product of using last weekend as "practice".  I need to do some less expensive practices.  We are almost to march now so hopefully warmer weather, longer days and more time to train.  Keep your fingers crossed!!!!!!  We have a weekend off and then a seminar and then we start back showing again!

No comments:

Post a Comment