Wednesday, October 16, 2013

playing catch up

Been a couple of weeks since my last post and boy do I have alot to talk about.  Andrew is a full fledged toddler now and pretty much makes my day full.  He is non stop, go until he goes to bed at night kiddo now.  Even our precious naps seem to be fading. He use to sleep at least an hour in the morning and usually two in the afternoon.  Now he is turning into a little boy and the naps are little to nothing.  Except the fact that his body didn't get the memo that he no longer wanted to nap so he is a cranky little boy some afternoons.  I am lucky if we get an hour in the morning if that.  So there goes any chance of catching up on my blog unless I am at work.  Work has been crazy busy again and i am very thankful.  I would much rather come in, work my butt off and go home versus sitting here passing the time.  I am one of those who views their self worth based on how hard i work.  So days when I do nothing makes me feel like a worthless slob.  I make up for it by going psycho at the house, cleaning, washing, grooming dogs, and picking up the yard.   I guess it is a good thing but I don't feel good about myself till i pass out in bed at night.



Speaking of the bed, yep, we are still full fledged co sleepers without an end in sight.  Most nights it is fine, we read a short story or a bible verse, watch two short episodes of curious george on my iphone and snuggle up.  I have to admit, while I have woke up with feet in my face or elbows in my back, I don't really mind him being in the bed.  I am a super light sleeper so I feel him shifting around some times but for the most part, it doesn't affect my sleeping.  I guess years of sleeping with dogs and or foster dogs that might need to go out and potty has trained me well.   I also have to this point (knock on wood) always awakened if he gets out of the bed (he can get out of the bed safely by himself already.  Sigh .  Where does the time go).  We have installed gates on every possible place and we have a door to the bedroom that is most always shut.  He hasn't figured out the door knobs yet, but it will only be a matter of time.  Daycare reported that he has gotten out of their portable play yard already (think giant expen) by opening the gate.  There are a handful of nights where he is not ready to go to bed at said bed time.  I usually have him in the bath at 8:30 and in the bed by 9 and he is usually asleep by 9:30.  Those nights are rough because we basically have to keep him in the bed no matter what.  Those are the nights where I would love to plop his little butt in the crib and walk away.  Anyway, this is still working for me, even though I am not getting up super early and needing to run.   Some day, I will put on my big girl panties, hook up the video monitor in his bedroom and walk out the door and leave him for the night.  That day has not come  yet:)



Run wise, I have run an 11 miler and an 8 miler.  My runs are getting more complicated to get in, due to my hubby's work schedule. I am okay with that, I would much rather him be working and me have to change around my activities.  I have had to hire baby sitters the past two weeks just so I can teach agility classes.  Kind of weird to pay people money so I can go make money but i digress.  Anyway, some of my runs have to be shifted to nights or weird times.  This week for example, I will have to do a long run friday morning after I take andrew to daycare and before I leave for the dog show.  So to say that some runs haven't been great kind of comes with the territory.  I am adjusting back to being a night runner and having to run with the stroller more which sucks, but is doable.  I have six more runs till my half.  Is it weird that i am already getting a nervous stomach, just reading the final details emails they are sending me?  Just like with agility nationals.  Yikes.  Speaking of agility, I am still taking my online class.  Got way better videos this time and finally had time to answer email discussion about the other runs I uploaded.  While I an undecided about whether or not I will take another class, I have learned alot through this class and i am hoping we will see an improvement in our skills on course this weekend.  I have a three day show this weekend in lawrence so will be driving back and forth.  It's going to be a long weekend.  Tony is working so me and andrew and deuce and 100s of other dogs packed in that tiny building at the fairgrounds.  Pray for good weather so I can keep him and I and deuce out of the dust.  I have such a love hate relationship with that building.  I always walk away sick from it yet it is so close and i can drive back and forth, saving me hotel and food bills.  URGH.

Lastly, did the Glow run 5 K this past weekend in lawrence.  Here is my finish photo.  I think i was confused at this point.  Was suppose to be a 5 K and my garmin and phone said 2.73.  Hmmmm.
 Pre race with my team.  We were the glorious gaiters.  Hence the gators on the shirts.  They made them, not me.  I am not that crafty.
Andrew playing with his new light saber.  They had everything that lit up and cheap too.  He loves this thing and it still glowing.  

This was my first real "fun" run that I have ever done since I missed the color run.  While the company was fun (all my running group ladies), I don't think I got into it as much as I should have.  I think alcohol needed to be involved.  Then maybe I would have let loose.  All said and done, it is a perfect race for those who are starting out or just want to have fun. Parts of the entry fee went to a good cause and like I said the glow stuff you could buy was very cheap and decent made.  It was fun to see the costumes and I guess after the run (we left because andrew was tired and getting cranky)they had a huge party with a DJ and contests and such.  I used this as a tempo run so didn't run directly with my group, just my BRF but we did enjoy the music and cheers on course.  They also had a black light tunnel that was fun to run under and black lights on course.  Should have taken more pics on the course but was needing to do speed work.


Lots of kids so maybe next year if we do it again, andrew can either run with or i can push him in the stroller.  He loves the medal I got it glows in the dark, so there is that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment