Monday, August 17, 2009

Getting ready for puppy

I have decided to make the plunge and get a puppy! I had kind of been thinking about my next agility partner for a while as many friends were having litters, but kept on putting the decision off. Harley was going to be my next agility partner as Tony had given up on doing agility, and I had been training with harley for over two years as well as miller. After I got my MACH with miller, Tony became very interested in agility again and decided he wanted to show Harley again. I really hope he sticks with it this time as I think Harley could be competitive if he keeps his nerves under control. We have gone to a couple of shows together and have really had a great time so I really hope he continues to show him. SO that leaves me with just miller and while I do think he has at least one if not two more good showing years in him, I do feel like I need to be on the lookout.

I have to share a secret with you. I have always wanted a western hills aussie. I have watched many western hills aussies in the aussie world do well. I met Heidi Mobley at an ASCA show in TX a couple of years ago and really, really liked her. I often visited her website, looking at her litters but never was in the right place at the right time for a pup. Well, it just so happened that she has bred a litter and I am very lucky to be on the list. I have been buying lots of toys and preparing the house for the new arrival. Looks like we will be finding out in a few weeks which one is going to be mine, and going to pick up the lucky pup over labor day weekend. I will try and blog more about his progress and what training I am trying and up to! I am very lucky to be getting a puppy at the same time my trainer is getting her border collie puppy and they are less than a week apart in age.

No comments:

Post a Comment