Friday, July 8, 2011

ABCTC summer session part 1

Am back finally to a computer and able to blog. Am very tired however so this first entry may be very short. My traveling partner and I have opposite sleeping issues. I can't get to sleep, and when I finally do, I usually stay asleep as long as everything is relatively quiet and still, and she can sleep at the drop of the hat, but can't stay asleep so is usually up by 1:30-2 am ready to go. Out of courtesy, she tries to lay in bed till 4 or later but after that she is up and going. Needless to stay, I am very exhausted after getting 5 hours or so of sleep a night. I am really amazed I am even awake right now to even type. I think i probably could have gone to bed 2 hours ago but had laundry and cleaning to do first. Something about being gone makes me crazy when I get home and I usually have a marathon cleaning, unpacking, laundry session even though all I really want to do is sleep.

To give a very brief teaser, camp was AMAZING, I had lots of light bulb moments and ended the three days running my dog silently with motion only. No reactive screaming of his name or yelling commands that don't have enough meaning in his brain. I was very, very happy with how we ended, even if his brain did get fried by day three, session two of the all day outside sessions. Even then I was able to glean some very useful exercises to try when he gets this way. Overall, very happy with his progress, my progress and my understanding of LM's system. I have never been a true system follower and probably still won't be true to any one system, but I do have alot of respect and more understanding for it now. I bought her book even though I have all of the clean run articles she wrote and will be going back over all the exercises with baby-d. I am also very proud I was able to swallow my ego when we got put in the "novice dog" group even though baby-D is running in excellent. He still is just two and still has a tendency to act like a baby and we are still so new in our team work anyway. While the sequences were a tiny bit easy for us, I tried to run them all completely different than my comfort zone which equals lots of rear crosses instead of the fronts I tend to defer to. Also had a ton of work on collection, something that has been KILLING us lately and got lots of really good feedback both with the lead out push, the lead out pivot and the moving front cross. I am very happy I spent the money and look forward to next year when I will be able to move up maybe to the more advanced group. I will write more tomorrow, decided to not do the 5 K i was signed up for and instead catch up on sleep, laundry, and get ready for the baby to arrive (aka the red demon stella).

No comments:

Post a Comment