Sunday, March 4, 2012

I made it!

Whew, made it through the weekend.  Ran deuce 8 times and miss dixie 5 times this weekend.  Only two Qs for Deuce, one in Time 2 Beat and one in standard but man we had some really awesome runs.  I am so proud of how we worked as a team this weekend!!!!  I was not reactive handling AT ALL!  I really felt like we clicked this weekend and can't wait till the next show.  I was very careful to minimize how much I walked the courses and then as soon as i was done running, walked a bit and then sat my big butt in chair and propped my feet up.  We also headed back to the hotel after running and I got on the heating pad for my back so my soreness was to a minimum.  I wore my belly band all day and that helped me so much.  I still waddled a little bit but not too bad.  I am so glad I was in shape before getting preggers because I can really tell it is helping me now, even though I can't really exercise as much as i want to.

Not going to do a play by play of all of my runs but the biggest negatives were the weird mistakes but usually only one per run.  Had one standard course that he was just nailing and came to the end which was a box type situation.  Even though I was running and pulling, he once again flicked off and took the off course part of the box.  So weird as nothing I was doing or saying said go out and take that jump.   He even had to change leads to get it.  Today he ran past the chute.  I know I was telling him chute but he acted like he didn't even see it.  I think I stressed him out though previous to the chute because he wouldn't go down on the table.  I guess i should have picked my battles wisely and not made him go down but I have USDAA in a few weeks and need to have a down on the table.  Anyway, we did a nice pin wheel and he seemed okay but just ran right past the chute which was next and the only obstacle there.  Guess it was a stress response?  He also didn't send out to a jump in JWW but I was worried about saying out or go because there was on off course jump just calling his name so I put my arm out but pivoted to get to where I needed to go and he just came with.  Today in jumpers he needed to go out and so I said go and went to get in position and he went, so much so that after he got that jump he kept on going and missed the next jump.  Totally still finding that balance of sending and going and coming back and all that jazz.  When to tell him to go, when to keep supporting and when not to.

The good news was again, no reactive handling.  I may have been late on a command or sloppy on some of my handling but i sure wasn't running the courses screaming here or come or DEUCE.  Most of his JWW runs were in the 6.0 YPS so I know he was booking.  He did test me on his dog walk some this weekend so that cost us a couple of places in standard on friday but I need good contacts so if we have to hold them a second or two, I am at peace with that.  His weave poles were PHENOMENAL this weekend!!!!!  He had one entry that he got but he popped out because i showed no decel to help him but he was coming out of a short curved tunnel and I needed to be ahead of him so I was rushing to get there and couldn't decel quick enough to help him collect and slow up a bit.  He was a good boy to even get in the entry.

We have three shows left before I have to bow out for the baby for a bit.  USDAA is in a couple of weeks, then a four day AKC trial and  three day AKC trial.  I am really, really hoping that I can just take a few months off and then get back into it.  I really still want to go to tulsa and feel like we are SO close to getting those double Qs.  I hate that i am missing so many great shows but two shows a month has been better on my pocket book and I think that will probably be all I can afford when the baby comes anyway.  I just hope i can continue teaching and I can continue showing.  I love this feeling of being one with Deuce on the course and want to continue it.

No comments:

Post a Comment