Thursday, April 4, 2013

There is always next year

Was just reading one of my favorite blogs and she had said her new statement that she says routinely is "I'm Fine".  Well I guess I have a new motto or statement too, "there is always next year".  I find myself saying this over and over and over.  We are planning our big trip that we take once a year for tony's work meetings.  This year it is in vegas and I am really excited because I have never been.  Basically while he is in meetings all day, I get to do whatever I want till he gets out and then we get to go out and do stuff together. The company pays for our hotel and tony's airfare and all I have to pay for is my airfare and food.  It's a really sweet deal and I had a blast in new orleans the last time we went to this meeting.  Heck this year, may just lay in bed all day and drink and eat since the kiddo will be with my mom in KS.  The only bad part is, I just checked the dates and well, it is the same week as USDAA nationals.  Kind of relieved, kind of sad all at the same time.  Relieved that I don't have that pressure to get to as many USDAA shows as i can that are 6 or more hours away.  Relieved that I don't have to obsess about grand prix and steeplechase anymore and can just go out and have fun. You see something has changed within me and I hate to admit it.  I feared this and have fought it tooth and nail but now it is here and i am going to embrace it.  I don't want to leave my baby anymore routinely on weekends and if I can't take him with me for whatever reason, I probably won't go.  The pull of dog shows, my passion, my obsession is being overridden by another more powerful feeling.  I love my little baby and I want to be with him all the time.  My work and teaching hampers this a little bit and of course the weekends I am gone for three days really suck.  So, there will always be next year.  Hopefully I will be able to train more now that the weather is warmer and it is lighter later.  Going to just take the handful of shows that I do go to and make the most of it and have fun.  Just read yet another post today of yet another dog that is injured and out for a while so just going to have fun with what i have, celebrate a healthy dog that I love dearly and hopefully plan for next year:)

2 comments:

  1. :) Kids are awesome and they are small and cuddly for only so long. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally agree. I have been fighting this for a while and now I am going to just enjoy him and know that I have plenty of time. There is no rush, no matter how fast my other friends are progressing and going to this nationals or that nationals. Enjoying the ride where ever it may take me. Now contemplating going to aussie nationals instead.

    ReplyDelete