Saturday, February 1, 2014

SNOW NO!



Woke up to this.  Not happy.  Was doing a virtual run for the organization 60 feet.  Here is a link to their website www.sixtyfeet.org.   I had never heard of their organization but one of my most fav bloggers ever was doing 37 miles on her 37th birthday to raise 3700 bucks for their organization.  I was hooked once I heard they were letting people do virtual runs to help.  

 I kind of thought about doing just four and then heading back.  It was cold and the snow was deep.  Roads in town had been bladed and were slick.  Roads out on the gravel were deep but had tire ruts that were the safest option.

I just kept running.  I did four on the gravel and then just turned back and did four back.  Stella got to be loose the whole run and she had a great time.  I just couldn't risk her pulling me down.  In town I put her on leash and kept her close.  She had so much fun chasing birds.



It was peaceful and silent and I thought about alot of things and got some prayers done for some people who needed it.  My pace was pretty slow so it took me quite a while but i did it.  I was so glad to be done yet had so much fun plugging along in the snow.  Stella wore herself out doing zoomies in the snow. Let the long run hang over begin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment