Sunday, November 1, 2009

Deuce and the golden puppy



Had a great day today with Deuce and just had to share. I am helping a family with their 12 week old golden puppy and I took Deuce along to help me show them some stuff and also secretly to let him get to play. After I worked with the family, we brought deuce out and he and liberty had a great time running around their yard. She loved his rough and tumble play and even though she is younger, played really hard with him and kept him on his toes. I look forward to going more and helping this family and letting Deuce get to play with his new girlfriend some more. Plus, it was a great training opportunity for me as I got to work recall off of them playing and also working some of his core behaviors while she was running around trying to entice him to play. She is a very lovely, very smart little puppy and I can't wait to help them with her more!

I also took Deuce to work with me in the lab and got to play with him there too. He got to ride in an elevator and loved it! I feel like he is becoming a bit of a worrier and that is good and bad. He worries about where I am at all times and also worries when I leave the room and it is just he and Tony. He also seems to worry about some of the foundation training that we are doing so I try and make is as fun as possible or just play on days I think he is acting worried more. I think he is really confused as to why I am spending so much time with miller. I have to either lock him out of the room where I am stretching miller or put him outside since he thinks he should be getting the cookies instead of miller. That is another thing, he really prefers to be outside most of the time off playing by himself. He doesn't care what the weather is, he is truly an outside dog. He also prefers to be under my chair at the computer but even when we are in the other room, this is where he wants to be and where we always find him. I like his independence and hope that will help when we start doing more true agility training.

Now I need to trim toe nails and clean ears so signing off for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment