Tuesday, November 3, 2009


Here are the latest of deuce's tricks. He is so dang smart, it amazes me! We worked on these tricks maybe two days with the clicker and i have already faded it out. I now need to decide what the next set of tricks is going to be so he doesn't get bored. I know I am a better dog training after training berry, miller, and harley but I think he is extra special smart! I have seen pictures of his dad doing lots of tricks so I know he has it in him for sure.

I have been letting him sleep loose in the bedroom and I hope that isn't a mistake. I had been leaving him in the bed until I was almost asleep and then getting up and putting him in the crate. He still goes to the crate when we go upstairs and sometimes I have to invite him in the bed. I was waking up when he would get out of the bed because getting in and out of the bed was a big deal for him when he was little. Now, he can jump up and down very easily so I don't wake up anymore, which could be bad. I had him in the bed last night and i was so tired that I crashed hard and didn't wake up till the alarm went off and he was asleep in the floor. Hope he isn't going and pottying somewhere. Our carpet doesn't show accidents till a couple of weeks later so unless I see the wet spot or step in it (ewwww) i don't find them.

Harley and Deuce are enjoying the earlier light. Guess I am going to have to switch Miller's 10 minute walks to the morning and take everyone. I was really enjoying our walks together just him and I but I know the other boys won't let me go without them! Deuce is doing better with Miller's stretches. He was coming up and bugging us and wanting attention but he now knows when Miller and I go upstairs that we are going to be stretching and don't need his help. I think it was hurting his feelings a bit because we train upstairs when I am working on new behaviors because there is very little distraction and he was confused as to why I was taking miller up there instead.

Ok time to get ready. I have a very busy day at work since I missed yesterday so am ready to work my butt off!

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwww! He looks and acts more and more like his daddy!

    ReplyDelete