Friday, November 20, 2009

deuce and the agility equipment

Okay so I have been super bad about not posting so I thought I would sit down and write something. Last night was the first time Deuce got to do the a-frame and the chute. We had it out for the beginner class so I decided to let him do those obstacles for fun. The a-frame was super low so I just had him running back and forth over it. He showed no fear with either obstacles and I am so proud of him. The tire jump was also set on the ground so we did some through with that as well. I really want to buy a nice tire jump and was wishing that they had one at USDAA nationals that I could have bought and drug back but they didn't. Maybe this year at AKC nationals I can buy a piece of equipment since we will be so close. Anyway, mom helped me with the chute by doing restrained recalls and after a few times through with the fabric open, we started dropping it on his back as he came through and then just letting him push through. He took it all in stride and had no problems what so ever. He really is a fearless little puppy for sure.

I had been teaching some tricks and now he can do roll over, shake, wave, high five, speak, and show me your teeth. Show me your teeth really isn't a trick but he had become quite the butt head about handling his mouth. I know he is losing his baby teeth right now and his gums are sore but that does not give him the option to growl or bark at me when I want to look at his teeth. I put this command on a clicker and it just means let me raise your lips and look at your teeth. I think I will also put a stack command on clicker as well if we ever do decide to venture into the show ring. Speaking of which, I need to get him registered for ASCA. I got his AKC registration done immediately but have been lax in getting his ASCA and UKC paperwork in. You can see where my priorities lie! As soon as he is old enough, I will get him USDAA and NADAC registered for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment