Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Measurements

Meant to put this in my last blog but forgot. So the first time Deuce was measured at an AKC trial when he was 15 months old, he got a 19.5 inch measurement. Now I don't have an official measuring device but when I use my yardstick, he is at least 20.5. Anyway, took him to his first USDAA trial in February at 18 months and the judge measured him at 21 even. I kind of got scared because I really wanted him in 22 inches and I was heading down to TX where if you measure over you either move up or run for exhibition which would have made a very long trip for training. Anyway, got him to the judge saturday morning and for whatever reason, he was terrified of the table/measuring device. We could not get him to stand up for love nor money nor pupperoni. Finally got him semi-standing and she got him at 19.25. She had my card but of course had not looked at it so when she did, she re-measured him and still got him at 19.25. I of course was thankful but I cannot figure out why his measurements are all over the place. I will be interested to see what his over 2 years old measurement will be in AKC. I just think it is super funny that I was told by EVERYONE that he would be a giant and now i can't even get a measurement in the 20s LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment