Monday, May 23, 2011

training

I am trying to let my food settle so I can go for a nice long night run so i thought i would sit down and write. I had to make a big decision this week and I hope it is the right one. I decided to discontinue my training side business. I will still teach for All Star but I am covered under their insurance plans so didn't need my own anymore. I refuse to teach and take money from people without liability insurance. I really have enjoyed working with folks and their issues and (their dogs issues LOL), especially those who have puppies but I was basically working 8 hours a day and then coming home and either heading out to the agility field and teaching or meeting with clients. I was basically not getting much of my own training in at all. I have so many goals with Deuce and really, really need as much of my free time to work with him. I was getting really bad about teaching and then crashing and poor baby-D wasn't getting much more than one jump training in the backyard. I think what really got me was watching regionals this weekend and seeing those super fun, challenging courses and wishing I could have been there to do them. All weekend, we were blessed with beautiful weather so baby-D and I headed out and ran several sequences from the courses (6-8 obstacles at the most). It was hot so I took it easy and did low reps but baby-D worked very well despite the heat. We have alot to work on including sending to back side of jumps when I can't be up there to handle it and tough weave pole entries. While he has made so much progress with weave pole entries, we are still a work in process on anything earlier than 3 on the clock (with 12 being the poles). I think it is a collection issue as he gets the entry but then skips the next pole. He will get it, I am confident of it:) We are having BIG issues with ticks this year. I need to go get some front line as I am picking them off of him and I regularly when we go out and train. I HATE ticks and am really not happy with the over abundance of them this year. Am wondering if there is anything I could do to treat the field? I was so embarrassed, had one in my hair today at work so we put him/her in methanol and looked at it under the scope. Will have to take a picture on my good scope, it was very pretty if you can call a tick pretty. Anyway, am having class this week thank goodness and another weekend off and then thank goodness USDAA FINALLY:)

No comments:

Post a Comment