Sunday, September 22, 2013

The good, the bad and the ?????

Well, another 10 K in the books.  It was a super small race, maybe 9 people total in the 10 k.  Four women total so I guess I came in fourth:)  Lucky for me, one of the ladies I work out with at the gym was a the race because my BRF couldn't come.  Even better, we both run the same pace so we stayed together the whole race!!!!  She left me at the very end but that is okay.  Honestly, I ran out of gas.  This was a two loop race with the first loop being the 5 K people and the second loop being of course for us crazies.  The course was tough.  The first mile was up 8th street and up a very steep hill that levels out and then goes straight back up.  So basically no rest for the weary, especially on the second loop.  I officially don't like two loop 10 Ks.  It's boring and its tough when you have hills to do them all over again. The bonus of it all was there was a super cute, super cool cop directing traffic so we got to talk to him four times.  The other bonus was it was city wide garage sale so we got to see the yard sales.  OF course by the time we did the awards and the door prizes, all the good stuff was gone but WOW, the door prizes were super cool!  I got a 20 dollar coupon for Dick's which is the only place Tony can get clothes since he is kind of big.  I ended up second in my age group and fourth overall woman.  Will be sending my medal to my I Run For buddy Brady. He will get a kick out of having a medal and all this little guy will do is sit on my dresser.  

Post race.  She beat me but I ran out of gas at mile 5.5.  Didn't carb up like I normally do the night before so maybe that is why?



Tony took this pic on the course.  We had fun running together.  I can't believe with the hills and the pace we kept that we were able to keep up conversation.  

This little guy and his daddy met me at several spots on the course and cheered me on.  Love this little guy!  He makes me want to run and get healthy and be there for him!  

So that is the good.  Here is the bad and the ???   My job is in jeopardy again.  We haven't built up the clientele that we hoped for to be a service center.  We need to make money to stay in business.  The company who we are a service center before is not sending us the business either.  We are hoping to stay in business till at least december.  I have been told to start searching so here I go again.  Sigh.  Tony is also off work right now.  There is a ton of work going on, just not for his contractor.  So we wait.  And plan.  Big plans.  Maybe Coleman Electric???  Going to take alot of praying, scraping by, budgeting, and hoping.  I know he can do it, just not sure we are ready to head into this right at this second.  Was kind of hoping in the next 5 years but situations beyond our control may make us rush a little quicker into this than we would have liked.  We are rushing to get a business plan together presently.  Fun times.  Head office manager of coleman electric?  Can I dig that?  May have to.  

On another note, did a 10 mile run today.  My first 10 miler.  No pics, ran with my BRF and we talked the whole way.  We needed a change in scenery and we got in, complete with some killer hills!  We did it, with an average pace of 10:48 which is booking for us on long runs!  I don't know what lit a fire under our asses but we were quite speedy today, especially after running yesterday.  Ended with some chocolate milk and some powdered doughnuts.  CARBS!  Will also have some liquid carbs tonight;)

No comments:

Post a Comment