Sunday, September 8, 2013

toddlers, 8 mile long runs and dog shows, oh my

I will start about my lovely toddler who seems to have hit his terrible twos very early.  Like at 14 months early.  Wow.  If this is anything near what is to come, heaven help me!!!!!  Everything is a huge drama, everything involves a huge melt down and everything seems to be off.  His sleeping is off, his eating is off and that is not good for any of us.  I know he won't starve to death but he just hasn't been eating much of anything we offer him, veggies, meat or fruit. Even his favorite standbyes like apple sauce pouches.  He has also had some pretty spectacular falls lately.  He had a face first fall that really broke my heart.  He had a goose egg and a nice bruise to show.  Then this weekend, while I was gone to the dog show, he fell sideways into a antique trunk that has some decorative metal work on it and now has a huge bruise on the side of his head.  My heart can't handle it.  The wail that happens right after the falls breaks my heart into two pieces.  I have been trying not to show emotion but it's hard not to.  On a good note, I think most of his premolars are in now so maybe we will have a break before the next few come in.

Had my 8 miler this weekend.  Ran along adams dairy parkway which was super hilly.  Had decided if it got too tough, I would walk up the hills.  Then I saw all the runners out there, plodding along up those hills and I felt good so i just trudged right up them.  Overall was at a 11:24 pace which is a little slower than I like but the hills were massive.  My right quad today is really telling me how massive they were.  I did eat a little something prior to running and took water with me.  I did four chomps around 40 minutes in and that seemed to do the trick.  No GI issues and I was able to finish, despite the hills, very strongly.  There were several groups that went out and I saw them pass by me as I was coming back in and I missed my BRF:(

The show was eh.  Just eh.  I either had a bar every run or he ran past something which was just weird.  One day, he ran past the triple in JWW and then in standard he decimated it.  Then I was scared.  Today he was fine on the spreads so who knows.  Thought we had licked this issue, guess not.  I am excited because my trainer is going to do an online class and I am going to sign up.  Maybe this is the fire I needed to light under my ass to get motivated again.  I have one more show this fall  that i am entered in and will probably sign up for one, maybe two more.  Depends on the finances.  Will have my first beginner class after a long time next weekend and a competition type class too.  Then right after, will work my online courses and video tape them.  I am excited.  Both of the bars today looked like lack of conditioning again.  Weird, he seemed better conditioning wise but the heat wave has been back so no running and not a ton of ball playing.  Maybe that is the issue.  Sigh.  It's always something:)  Off to sub for a local trainer's puppy class.  She has a puppy agility night that she always has me come in for and I love getting these people and their puppies hooked on trying the sport of agility.  We do foundations and trick training and some tiny jump bumps and a tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment