Tuesday, September 17, 2013

When is money going to grow on trees please?

Had my first 9 mile run this weekend.  Seems once you get over that 10 K hump, the rest just comes easy.  I didn't even look at my watch till around mile 7.  Ran with my BRF.  We talked the entire time and it just made it fly by.  I remember saying I have no clue how I am ever going to run that long, yet here I am, plodding along at a snail's pace but getting it done.  Took us about an hour and forty minutes.  AND on top of running on sunday, I got to teach two classes and take an online agility class.  It was stoked and my legs survived.  I can tell how much better shape I am in even though I seem to be gaining weight,not loosing.  I will focus on the positive, my legs look awesome and I almost bought a pic at the last agility trial because it was of deuce and my muscled legs LOL.  Yep, a little vain when it comes to my legs.  Anyway it's good to be knocking out these long runs and it is good to be back teaching.  I really do love beginners.  There are my favorite to teach.  I love to see the light bulb turn on and i love getting back to my computer at home and already having emails asking questions on their homework.  I treated my second class more as an informal get together and less like a class.  We only had 4 other dogs signed up so I ran deuce on a few of the sequences.  Then afterwards, ran my sequences for class and got those on video for analysis.  Except i numbered the course wrong both times so didn't exactly run the correct sequence but that is neither here nor there. The teachers knows I will be behind in this class since I can only work on it once a week and we are actually going to start meeting as a small group (those of us taking locally) so we can work together to get things set up and video taped.


Was suppose to do the color run this weekend but didn't get to go.  Kind of glad as my van broke down that afternoon.  That would have totally sucked if I would have broken down on the highway with a screaming toddler by myself.  I think God had a little hand in making sure I had no desire to go.  BRF had to back out and I didn't know the other ladies from our area going and then tony had to work so couldn't even go with me either.  Van broke down in a parking lot as she always seems to do but managed to limp her to the car mechanic.  Many things were wrong and the total bill was over 1 K.  YIKES.  Still in that struggle of which is  cheaper, a car payment or fixing this stupid van.  So in essence, there goes my dog show money, probably for the rest of the year.  What little I made on teaching is going straight to insurance, online class and maybe one show.  I am okay with this, we have work to do.  He still has a bar issue that seems to be a timing issue.  He was pretty good the other day when I was videoing, but he had a few warm up runs where he did knock a bar each time.  I am hoping now that we will have at least one day a week dedicated to a "class type setting" that we will get some good work in.  I am hoping to get two sessions of classes in, to introduce this full beginner class to a handler class so that would mean a little more income coming in for maybe some winter shows.  I think the break will do us good.  I think it will help me come back with a more clear mind and hopefully a better conditioned, more practiced dog.  And for once, I am not sweating the small stuff.  Money is just money and we have always managed.  I have a roof over my head, a car that is working at the moment and a little bit of credit card debt. Too many good things that out weigh the bad.

Have a race this coming weekend and am totally stoked to try a PR on a 10 K.  Then a have a couple of fun runs and then the big one!  I am actually very excited to see what I can do!  I feel like my fueling strategy and hydration strategy is in place and my nutrition is on par so excited to do this!  So crazy, never ever thought I would be saying that I am excited to run a half marathon yet here I am.  AND announced just last week, a marathon is happening next year in my own backyard.  Tempting:))))))

No comments:

Post a Comment