Saturday, November 23, 2013

saturday musings

Up before everyone else so I thought I would sit down and blog for a minute.  What all is going on right now, other than friday funday quizzes?  Well, winter has finally shown up.  After having a glorious week of 60s and 70s, thursday had ice and cold.  Like loose the power and get off early ice and cold.  Weird that we were in t shirts and shorts running just the night before.  But alas, she had to show her face at some point, and most of us were shocked it had been this long.  Granted, others south and north of us got snow so i guess i can't complain.  It was short lived and by the next morning, was mostly gone.  I have to admit though, I wussed out about running last night.  I figured most of the ice was gone but it was cold and dark and I just couldn't muster the will to run.  I have to get over this because winter is going to be like this for a few months for sure.  I have tried buying some new winter gear thanks to target and at the runner's expo at the half so I will be warm but I think i am just a warm weather runner.  I like sweating i guess.  SO this morning is my first below freezing run.  I guess I will get to test out all of my new stuff all in one run.  My next training cycle starts in january so need to use these next couple of months to get ready to brave this winter craziness.  Like this morning.  We are scheduled to do 6 miles and it is 24 out but feels like 14.  BRRRRRR!


Dog shows are all opening up that are in january and I am thinking about skipping the january ones.  I hate worrying about winter weather anyway so I may just sit these out this year.  I don't think i will skip the february USDAA show in lawrence.  Too close and my fav venue so will scrape the money up somehow.  We are getting another club in the area for USDAA and the local club was sold to someone who wants to do at least four shows a year so maybe i could just do USDAA?  The oklahoma club pulled alot of texas people and their venues were nice so I am betting they will have many shows next year to.  Just wished we could have finished our MX and MXJ this year.  Then i would be saying good bye AKC.  I am betting we won't get much practice this winter anyway.  I signed up to take a class from one of my friends at her little indoor (non heated but at least a roof over our head) barn and I have yet to get to actually go thanks to the hub's work schedule.  I am not complaining one bit.  Thanks to the hub's work schedule, I have been able to get some stuff paid off and get some nice winter gear.  So work god's don't mistaken my comments as complaining cause I am NOT.

Andrew is everywhere now.  Gibbering like he is talking to you.  Constantly.  I have no clue what he is saying.  Words sometimes accidentally come out.  I have heard him say all of the dog's names, NO, and then random words that I didn't even know he knew.  Right now he is obsessed with trains.  We live several blocks from tracks but you can hear them lout and clear and every time they go by, he says choo-choo.  Except he can't make the CH sound so it sounds like shoe-shoe.  SO cute!  We just bought him a big book of trains and he loves looking at the pics and pointing at the trains.  He has also discovered that stores have toys and he wants toys.  Makes shopping a whole new adventure.  Still trying to decide what to get him for christmas.  He loves trains so we have been looking for a train set that is good for toddlers.
This is his favorite but it was made in 1986 and we can't find one like this that is newer.  This is at the discovery center in topeka.  

We also found a rocking horse that is stuffed and the perfect size for him to get off and on to.  Might also be a good idea.  He loves cars and trucks too so anything he can push and make noises.  It is so much fun to find things for him right now.  I think we will do santa this year and stockings and I am so excited!  My biggest memory as a kid was getting a king sized snickers bar every year in my stocking and getting to eat it all that morning for breakfast.  Good times:)

Andrew is still going through food strikes periodically.  They drive me nuts but I know he won't starve to death.  His favorites suddenly become not, he will get stuck on a certain food and that is all he wants (see the post on fig newtons).  I have to admit, I like to feed him what is easy since I never cook and my hubby hasn't been home to cook so this child will be raised on spagetti os and hot dogs.  I guess i ate alot of that too and i turned out all right.  He still loves fruit which makes me happy and isn't too addicted to mcdonalds yet.  Hot dogs seem to be the go to food no matter what.  At least we have something when he goes on strike.   Some kids won't eat anything.  

Well time to toughen up and go for a run!  Hopefully I won't freeze to death!!!! Six miles and it feels like 14.  BRRRRR!


No comments:

Post a Comment