Sunday, December 6, 2009

Deuce is growing so much!


Okay, I have been super bad about updating my blog! Partially it is my husband's fault for buying me a nintendo Wii of which I have gotten very addicted to Guitar hero. The other fault lies in Miller as I have been doing his PT in the morning instead of blogging. So there, it isn't my fault LOL! As you can see by the picture, Deuce is getting fairly big! I weighed him last week and he was 34 lbs already! We aren't doing alot of one on one training anymore, just letting him grow up and working when the opportunity arises.

Agility wise we are starting to work on more obstacles. He is now doing the chute, a-frame full height, teeter full height, very low puppy jumps (4 inches), table with a shaped down, channel weaves, and of course all of his foundation work. I have only had him on the dog walk a few times. The height of it scares me and he still isn't very sure about his body and I could see him falling off. We do some back chaining on it but that is it. We are still working toes on the bottom of contacts and on everything else that is a surface change or a height change but not linking the two behaviors together. Right now distraction training is the best for sure. We are going to start puppy class here soon and I imagine it will be more about just working through distractions rather than obstacle performance. We all have equipment at home so all of our puppies know equipment and know tons of foundation but need to start getting their brains to working while there is distraction present. The other night, Lori and I had set up a tunnelers class for the beginner's graduation night and after they left, we worked the puppies. While one pup worked, the other one had to do behaviors or pay attention to us and it was great training! I am really looking forward to our class! It is always a good idea to have someone else watch you and make sure you are doing everything right.

Overall, Deuce is turning out to be such a great puppy! He has been so easy to train whether it be crate training or potty training. He has great work ethic and has an on and off switch that i LOVE! He has an independent streak and a mommie streak at the same time which seems to be pretty balanced. He loves his daddy but still pees on him occasionally. He LOVES to ride in the car and if I want him to rest, I will load him up and take him for a ride and he goes right to sleep. Deuce will work for food, toy or just praise which I love. Harley is so food motivated that if the food isn't in the picture, you can forget it for sure. He has the most beautiful heel as long as there is a cookie in my hand! Anyway, he has been a treat to have and to train and I can't wait to see what he does in the agility ring. We love him so much and look forward to seeing what he can do in the future for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment