Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Playing Catch Up

Well, Tony is stuck in Topeka and I am trying not to play GH so I thought I would update my blog. So what is new you ask? Well, my schedule has kind of changed so I am not blogging as much. I have to admit, I was so excited when Deuce started sleeping till 7, but could never get him to sleep later. I don't have a definite start time at work so I usually leave the house around 9ish so I love to sleep as long as I can. He loves to be outside, no matter what the temp so I have been letting him and Harley play outside for an hour while Miller and I catch another hour of sleep. I know, I am being lazy but i LOVE sleep and he LOVES being outside! That is why I am not blogging as much as I use to:)

I am letting Harley babysit Deuce alot and I really hope this isn't a bad thing. Miller babysat harley and was his playmate and it didn't seem to affect Harley (i don't think). They play alot and I do have to separate them and put harley out of sight when I train. Harley really plays hard like Deuce does which most dogs don't so I am proud of Harley for being such a good big brother.

Agility-wise, haven't been doing much, the weather has been too icky lately. We got snow over a week ago and it has lingered quite a while. We have started doing the whole teeter now by having him sit close to the down end and me being at the up end with a cookie. I am trying to get as much speed as I can get and he is doing really well. He has tons of drive and the teeter does not scare him at all. I only do a couple every few days so there isn't too much concussion on his bones. I am also doing lots of toes and am linking the two together only on the teeter. He is doing well and I hope to improve his performance but I want to take it very slow and not rush any details. I need to drag a jump in so we can start working jumping at like 4 inches of course, which is more like a baby speed bump. We have been doing lots of foundation work but need to start honing in on some of our specific skills. I am excited to have a puppy class to attend, probably in the spring when the weather gets better. He needs distractions and to get on other people's equipment. He is still in that very excitable stage, especially to certain stimuli so we need to be able to work through that.

So funny story, I still do alot of work in the bedroom with doing load up (table criteria) on the bed and then doing outs and turns since the room is so big. I still have his balance disc and use it for working his hind end and for working toes. I had been working him for about 10 or so minutes and wanted to finish up on some toes/hind end work and then quit so asked for toes. He gave me that f#$# you look and walked over to the disc, hiked his leg and peed all over the disc. WOW! What an attitude dude! I was laughing so hard, that it was very hard to be mad at him. I really wish I had a video camera as it truly was funny. He is so funny right now with his little dude tude! I am just laughing it off and rolling with the punches. I love miller's attitude so I am hoping Deuce has his own little 'tude as well.

Today we were sequencing teeter to table and he did reach up and nip me so that isn't going to work. I just had a foster dog that did the same thing and I worked through it so I am sure we will be able to work through this as well. I think he just gets over stimulated and he reacts and that is such a herding dog thing. I did work some rear crosses from teeter to table and some front crosses and he held his position very well. I am so proud of his progress for the little bit we have done since the weather has turned bad (and we have added GH to our life LOL).

Okay, promise I will do better in the future of keeping you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment