Thursday, December 10, 2009

Snow day or should I say Snow DAYS

Here in KS we had our first big snow storm of the year. I was so excited because this was to be deuce's first experience with snow. The first time I let him out in it, he was jumping up trying to catch the flakes in his mouth! It was so cute and I tried to video but it was too dark to get a good image. I had decided to take the next day off since they were saying it was suppose to get super bad. I am the biggest winter driving wimp you will ever meet and I blame it on my southern roots. For years I drove a 2 wheel drive truck that was horrible in snow and I have always had neighbors or friends that worked at KSU that would come pick me up and drive for me. Now, all of my friends/co-workers have moved so I have to drive myself. Well, I say drive myself but what i mean is freak out about driving and then either just stay home or attempt it and have a huge panic attack and say I am never driving in bad weather again. BUT, I digress, this is a blog about Deuce not my neurotic driving habits LOL!

Anyway, as the night progressed, the forecast looked worse and worse, so bad that Tony who never takes a day off, called his apprentice and told him to not attempt to come in the next day. By the end of the storm, we ended up with almost 8 inches of snow and 40 mph wind that blew huge drifts. I know this morning when I went to get in my van, the snow had drifted and was as high as my knees!

Let me just say that Deuce has had a great time playing in the snow! He LOVES it! If i let him, he will stay out in it for hours. He is just like a little kid, I have to make him come in and warm up for a little while. He continually rings the bell to go out and I have had to teach him how to close the door as he has learned to open it and will leave it open and let all the cold air in. Now, if we just had a mud room and a doggy door! This is the third day with snow and he just plays and plays in it! I tried to go to work today but the roads have been bladed down to the ice underneath and I just can't deal with slipping and sliding. Thank goodness I have a boss that is so understanding of my fear of winter driving. Let's hope that this winter isn't a bad one! I have no vacation days left and am working off of sick days!




Deuce has also developed a very bad habit that I am so responsible for. We recycle everything we can as our county has a huge recycle trailer about two blocks away. We have containers outside for each type of recycling but also have a couple of open wooden crates in the house that recycling material sits in until I fill it up and take the recycling outside. We started by letting him play with plastic bottles which he thought was really awesome! Now however, he has started digging things out of the box to play with or shred. His favorite right now is cardboard. I usually let them out in the morning when I shower but because of the bad weather, have left him in, in the morning. This morning he shredded two boxes, a jiffy corn bred mix box and a soap box. I guess I should be glad that at least he chooses to shred that stuff instead of important stuff, although he has taken alot of interest in Tony's PS3 which would not be a good thing to chew on for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment