Friday, December 25, 2009

Deuce's first christmas

This is Deuce's first Christmas and we have had some very interesting weather to say the least. Yesterday, we started getting snow and crazy wind and it hasn't stopped yet. Last time I went out and measured, the snow was at 7 inches, but with the wind, we have at least foot tall snow drifts. I really feel like this is the most snow I have seen since I moved to KS, and we have only had two snowstorms so far. We didn't get the dogs specific gifts this season but gramy sent them tons of rawhide, so they have candy cane rawhides and little rawhide bones with red and green rawhide wrapped around them. Needless to say, they will have some interesting colored poop for a while. They were kind enough to share their bones with Chloe and Dana and Haley, their whippet girlfriends. They also got to each get a big spoon full of sweet potato after daddy got what he needed for the sweet potato casserole (and I am sure he is sneaking them more scraps).

Our plans had been to head over to Robert and Deanna's house and spend Christmas with them and their two girls, but the weather kind of changed that. Oh well, we have plenty of food and the doggies are super happy we stayed home with them. As usual, Deuce is wanting to go out every five minutes, just like a little kid and play in the snow so I have to watch and make sure he isn't out too much. Tony spilled something outside so that has been their favorite place to hang out all day and eat snow. I figure at some point, if tony ever stops cooking, we will have to all go out and play in the snow or at least dig out tony's truck just in case we need to go anywhere. Of course, mother nature decided to play a trick on me and brought me my monthly friend about a week early and I have very low supplies so we may have to find something that is open at some point.

Well, not much else to talk about other than I hope each and every one of you have an awesome and safe Christmas and a wonderful new year. I will be posting a wrap up of the year here in a couple of days for your reading entertainment. Lots has happened in the Coleman household in 2009 for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment