Monday, February 21, 2011

hurry up spring

I had a great weekend with Baby-d! We had open practice out at all star and then I was invited to meet with some friends at an indoor arena for some practice. Ended up working with lori on some weave issues and got tons of feedback. I am looking forward to trying some the drills she suggested. I am going to only work entries on short sets of poles (mine break into sets of 4 poles) and do more straight on weaves to work lateral distance. I am also going to set courses up with broken up weave pole sets to work more funky angles and entries in flow. He of course showed us once again he is capable of hitting entries in full collection and has skills he is choosing not to show us at the shows. I also went and practiced with a group of friends on sunday. We had a four jump, jump chute set up and then an off set jump, an off course jump and a turn back to the weaves. We tried different lead out options and one I tried was to lead all the way out to jump four before releasing him. I saw he was coming full force so I said very loudly, "deuce, easy" which caused him to knock the bar he was jumping and then blow past the weave poles like they weren't there. It was the classic stress that i see in the show. The next time I did this sequence, I didn't say anything just let him read my body and he hit the weaves like a pro. Okay so I am the problem, its obvious. Now how to fix me and the me that is present at shows. This is going to be fun:) I have learned alot about how to handle with him as he is SO different than my ultra tight, ultra sensitive to my body motion miller. I am glad I have a seminar this weekend and then two weekends of shows. I have gotten in a lot more practice this last week and if it warms up a little, hope to get some in this week as well. Right now it is sunny but cold as hell. Deuce also got to do alot of playing this weekend. He got to play with Solei on saturday and then cager and stormy on sunday. He LOVES to play and with dogs with his style of play. Solei was sure to let him know when he was being a rude boy which is exactly what he needs. He was one tired puppy after all the work/play. He is my big cuddle bug so we cuddled all afternoon yesterday and all night. He has been so concerned since I have been sick and puts his head on my chest when I cough at night like he is trying to help me. I love my baby-D!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment