Sunday, August 14, 2011

Worried

This is where I lay it all out so here it goes. I am really worried about deuce here lately. It seems the stress level is very high for him no matter what I do. He seems to be shutting down a little more every time we practice and I hate that. I try and always have loads of cookies in my pocket for screw up cookies and I try and always give lots of praise no matter what we are doing, no matter whose fault it is. Last night was at its worst. We had a practice as it was nice and cool and maybe ran sequences that were usually fairly short 8-9 obstacles but tough. I really hate seeing him getting this stressed out. I have no expectations right now, just want him to have a good time yet the shutting down seems to be getting worse. I really don't know what else to do. We have barely trained lately due to the hot weather and now that it is getting cooler, I have only been doing stuff maybe three days a week and normally just very short sessions with lots of cookies. This morning really broke my heart as i woke up and every dog was upstairs in bed with me, including baby stella and he was down stairs by himself with his daddy. I really hope this has nothing to do with having stella. Tony takes her to class and I only do training with her in the morning and it is brief. I did do some agility type stuff with her on an off yesterday as we were cleaning up the yard. I hope this isn't the reason as this was the biggest fear I had about getting a puppy. Well, off to go run and try not to dwell on this latest turn of events.

No comments:

Post a Comment