Thursday, November 17, 2011

sigh...bye bye agility?

Well, the plumbing debacle is coming to a close and I am very, very upset but trying to hold it back.  There is still another day of work but as of tonight (7 days later) we do have plumbing including flushing toilets, showers, dish water and laundry water.  The amount of contractors that have been at our house is staggering including the original plumbers, pipe fitters, concrete cutters, concrete pourers, excavators, and the estimators for the job.  I really, really don't want to get the bill.  I guess the good news is that they are saying we won't have a bill for a while.  That may mean I can at least get through a couple of trials before I have to hang it up for a while.  Went to the bank today hoping for the best.  Unfortunately, since we have only paid on our house for 5 years, we can't really get a good deal on a refinance.  We can lower our interest rate which certainly helps but the best we could do was to do another 30 year loan and lower our payments by 160 bucks.  We also couldn't roll in the construction costs to the loan so we are either going to have to do a second mortgage on our house or some sort of home equity line of credit for like 15 or so years.  I guess we will do what we have to do but I know our budget and if we add another mortgage plus a new baby that has to have daycare,  I probably won't be able to do dog shows for quite a while.  I have very slim hope that maybe i can still do the local ones in lawrence and maybe in KC if I can stay with someone and maybe cut back to 2 day shows.  Something is better than nothing so I will do what i need to do to keep up my addiction.  If i can continue to teach through the winter, I might be able to keep enough money in my business account to pay for shows.  I so hope I can stay healthy and have a mild winter so i can do so.  I can't imagine my life without dog agility.  I know that sounds so silly but i just can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment