Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Wichita Dog show weekend Fall

Wow, in a really weird mood, probably shouldn't write.  In the middle of dealing with major plumbing problems that could take up to 5 K to fix.  I am hoping they over estimated it and it will be less but I have a suspicion it won't.  They are on day three of trying to get this fixed and I am getting a little upset over the whole deal.  We haven't had a shower or toilet in 5 days now which didn't affect me this weekend as I was at the dog show but does now.  Took a shower at a friend's house last night but really, really hoping they can fix it today so we can take a shower in our own bathroom and pee in our own toilet.  Mcdonalds is getting a little tired of seeing us:)  It just sucks because here I was freaking out about doing agility and having to pay for a baby and now I have to factor in probably paying off a loan too.  So much for taking a break over the winter from teaching.  Going to try and see if I can get  another set of classes in, maybe just my advanced handlers.  They totally understand when the weather is too bad to be out in it and holding off to finish the session till it gets better weather wise.    I also need to rethink the 250 bucks I was going to spend on the St. louis new years show.  May not be a good idea now.  May just be a good idea to take the winter off from showing, but that makes me SUPER sad.  Looks like we probably only have one show in our area in january and one in february and they are both in lawrence so close and local so maybe not as much expense and i can swing it.  Here i was ramping up to do more with deuce, to attend lots of seminars and lessons and classes and now, shut the barn door, forget about it.  Okay, done with my pity party, on to my weekend, which was AWESOME.



Deuce had a great weekend except one run and I am so proud of him.  We still had little bobbles here and there but they were minor compared to what we have had in the past.  Perfect runs except one bar or one missed weave pole entry which is a tiny bit frustrating BUT at the same time he has come so far.  The surface was less than ideal but i can't complain about that.  I am sure that is why he had two bars in his first run in JWW as the rest was perfect.  He was one second off of Dixie's time and she had two bars as well.  The ring actually had corn rolls as someone commented and that was the truth.  We had one really bad run that started off beautifully.  I got this really cool blind cross where I sent him to a jump and tunnel and took off and got the blind cross in and sent him to the weaves and he missed them.  As I was bringing him back, I commented that this is getting old, and it totally stressed him out and he ran off and tried to squat in the ring.  Now granted, I had given him a bone the night before and that had torn up his stomach but he has never squatted in the ring.   I was so embarrassed, got him out before the did anything but then he didn't even poop in the grass when I took him out.  I felt horrible that saying what I said stressed him out that much.  Of course he was fine the next run and ran beautifully(got his weaves, missed a jump thanks to me)  so that makes me feel good that at least he can bounce back from a stressful run.  This trial was the trial i started him at and I need to do a bloopers reel to share on here since FB and youtube seem to take all the music I put on the videos and strip them.  I feel like we have made so much progress but still have so far to go.  I am really hoping that this pregnancy is a good one, that I can stay on my feet as long as possible and run and practice as much as I can and that this plumbing issue is cheaper than I hope.  I am pretty driven so if I have to pick up another job to keep up my hobby I will, even if my body wants me to just sit down and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment