Thursday, January 7, 2010



Okay so I have been trying to upload a video of deuce and all of his tricks for like two weeks now and I can't get it to upload so I am giving up. I will try and shoot another one as he now knows: sit, down, here, touch, roll-over, dance, spin, turn, out, speak, back up, put your butt in the air, shake, wave, high five, wait, and we are working on whisper, sit pretty, and sneeze. No clue why this blog program doesn't like my video, shot it with my digital camera as it seems to upload those better.

So what has been going on lately, well a whole lot of nothing. We have had three pretty significant snows and it has been bitterly cold so most training has been going on inside. I am still working on alot of foundation skills at home and have been taking him to Petco and my vet's office to work on impulse control. This is going to be a huge hurdle for him because unlike my other aussies, he LOVES people and will just about turn himself inside out to go see people. He knows he needs to sit and wait for them to pet him but he just can't control himself. He still also pees a little bit on people's shoes when he meets them because he is so excited. I am hoping that when we have trials again to go to, I can work on his impulse control issues. We have done very limited work on the teeter as the backyard has been covered in either snow or ice covered snow. He is now doing a very nice teeter with a two on two off at the end. We have also been sequencing the table in to work on baby front crosses and rear crosses while he holds his contact position but that is about it. He is going through a phase right now where he we only work for food, not praise and not toys, but yesterday he did work for a toy. I hope this doesn't disappear completely because I was really excited to have a dog that previously was motivated by many things, not just food. I have been doing alot of clicker training with his trick training and he loves that so i will continue that. I found a list on Susan Garrett's blog about 100 things to do with a puppy so I am working my way down that list.

Deuce is growing up and getting so big and so much more dog like and less puppy like. He is going to be a very handsome boy as his markings are very striking. I hope the desire to show him in conformation doesn't creep in too much. I haven't really worked on his stacking or his standing as I had previously thought I would, but since he is such a clicker trained dog, it shouldn't be hard to train if we decide to do something. I had also wanted to start his tracking training but it has been so bitterly cold that even I have been venturing out.

Well, that is a good update for now, got to go eat lunch. Being stuck at home due to snow has its advantages, it makes me want to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment