Friday, September 9, 2011

Baby-D AX, AXJ:)

Well, I made my goal today so had to give a quick blog about it.  Deuce finished his AX today and I am so proud.  He was 2 for 3 on his weave pole entries and 0% stress!!!!!  I even left him in the weaves in T2B and moved laterally and got a crazy front cross in.  Boy how i love classes that you can train in like FAST and T2B.  Now that we are in B, I will be really pushing things like lateral distance on the weaves and contacts.  I also will be working hard to tighten him up more.  I am getting better at handling him for sure and really starting to understand how my motion tends to fling him out.  We have so far to go but I am super stoked to have my main goal done for the year.    The other thing I wanted to talk about was Miss Stella.  Decided to bring her since it is a smaller trial and the weather is cooler so I can put her in the car if needed. I am happy to report she was an angel in her crate.  Only had one barking episode when she saw me on the line in JWW as her crate backs the JWW course.  My secret weapon was a hollow bone and peanut butter.  Tried to associate any time I took deuce out with her getting the best thing possible, AKA peanut butter in the bone.  She got to meet tons of dogs and people and was loving everyone!  Did some basic behaviors but she was a little distracted.  Got to watch the dogs run in T2b after me and she didn't bark but watched.  I am really shocked, thought she would be a screaming demon.  Maybe she knows the game and will be worse tomorrow:)  Off to bed, really, really tired and of course have to get up super early and drive again tomorrow.  Wish I was camping but 5 dogs in a tent might have been a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment