Monday, September 5, 2011

Truine Four day trial

I just had to sit down and blog about my weekend even though I am exhausted and ready for bed. Lots of great things happened and some not so great but the great out weighed the not so great. I saw glimmers of hope of us being a team. Favorite run the whole weekend was a very tough Excellent standard course. Lots of traps and challenges and we danced the dance. Turns were tight, contacts were held and weave poles were mastered. I saw some maturity and I am so excited to see that. Also got our AXJ this weekend by the skin of our teeth. Lots of 270s with back sides and traps just calling their name (can you say straight tunnel?). While he went wide on two parts for sure, he was still right up there time wise with the fast BCs and that just tickles me. If we can tighten it up, we might be able to beat maybe a slower BC LOL! We camped and while he spent alot of time in his crate (i was a course builder for both rings and worked several classes) he seemed to handle it pretty well. Today was probably the only day I was truly not happy with our performance. I think he had just hit his limit and was a little tired and a little stressy. I had to correct him for self releasing on his dog walk and that really hurt his little feelings. All I said was uh-oh but you would have thought I beat him. He kept on running but missed a jump and then didn't collect in on a FC. The flew off of the teeter but all the big dogs were doing that so I didn't fault him for that. I honestly think they didn't believe us that it was the teeter and not the dog walk as the dog walk had been there the previous three days. No cookies after the run till we went out side and did toes and waited for the okay, then lots of cookies, big party. He still was a little stressed in JWW and when he popped out of his weave poles (hit the entry but was going so fast popped out), he started stressing again and all hell broke loose. While it wasn't as bad on tape as it felt on the course, I still hated to end an otherwise great weekend on that note. Home now, resting and getting ready for a three day work week and then three more days of agility WAHOO! Hubby is going to TN for his grandma's 90th birthday celebration so I will have to drive back and forth all three days:( Stella and Deuce will be coming with and if I could find a dog sitter, I would just camp there again. Had so much fun camping this weekend, even with the rain the one night. Nothing worse than having to pee in the bushes in the rain but we tried to time it when it wasn't raining. Slept like a rock listening to the sounds of I-70 right behind us. Had a great camp out sunday night complete with dancing, keg stands, and funny stories. We agility women know how to have a good time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment