Sunday, September 25, 2011

a week off

Gave baby-D a week off.  We haven't had class in a couple of weeks and I used him as a demo dog in my  classes but just for hind end awareness stuff.  I did set up some small drills today just to try out some stuff for my classes that I am teaching.  This will be the third week of me teaching 3 classes on monday nights and I have to say i LOVE it!  I knew i enjoyed teaching but this has been a blast so far.  Of course had challenges including a dog fight in one and an frazzled person in another but overall, we have made adjustments and are having fun.  I love seeing my two classes that I have had since beginners progress and am happy to say that they are in the cusp of being able to enter their first trials!  I am having everyone start out in NADAC in tunnelers and jumpers and for those who have weaves, standard as well.  The courses are so much fun, the people are laid back and of course no weaves in jumpers.  Everyone gets a ribbon for something or other and everyone walks away with a smile on their face.  Matt and Martha make each NADAC show so special and I sure miss going to their shows!

Tony and I have been working with stella on hind end awareness and plank work.  She has progressed nicely on her bang game and we are doing lots of shadow handling with her already.  The biggest problem we have with her is she is very bad at herding you instead of going ahead so we are working very hard on her focusing ahead and not jumping up and biting us.  Tony actually got her through a course of four jumps today (with no bars) with some crosses thrown in for fun.  She is super smart and catches on to things so quick but can be a bit reactive so lots of stuff for us to work on.  Tony worked on getting her attention while I worked deuce.  The screaming is very, shall I say, unbecoming of a little lady.

I have my first 10 K this coming weekend and I am super excited but super nervous.  I have been doing alot of running lately (5 days a week plus two days a week strength training as well) but I still feel unprepared.  Wish me luck!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment