Saturday, September 10, 2011

day two of the best weekend we have had in a long time!

Okay hoping i don't jinx myself.  While we didn't Q at all today (T2B, Standard or JWW), Deuce had some really nice runs.  I was the idiot on two of the runs.  T2B was more of a training run so I don't count it.  Today's training run was get your weave entry and he failed so boo hiss and he knocked a bar but again, I care less about that class.  Lori told me what I did wrong on the entry so I can fix it.  Just do the class for steeplechase practice.  Anyway, standard was really nice, one bar that I caused and two he caused because i was racing and he flattened.  Don't care about them, the rest of the run was super and I will take it!  Jumpers was again my fault, did a FC at the beginning and just didn't re connect with him and lost him around a jump.  Kind of weird, he looked like he was locked in in the weaves but there was no way he was going to get the entry at that angle so who knows.  We finished the run on a strong note and he was a good boy with 0 stress.  It's the little things you start to appreciate.  We will see if baby brain sets in tomorrow.  Just have two runs (BORING) tomorrow so should be home early for the True blood final episode and a nice long run.  Next weekend is USDAA and i can't wait!!!! 

Stella again did great today.  She had one little screaming tantrum but it was over quickly.  She got lots of love and lots of attention and got to play with other puppies and with several dog friendly dogs.  We also worked on basic behaviors near the ring where distraction is the highest.  Barb gave her a bone to chew on so that kept her pretty busy.  Thanks to the Prozyme, she has been pretty solid, even with all the treats, peanut butter and bones.  I may just have to bring her next weekend too LOL if her daddy will allow it!

No comments:

Post a Comment