Sunday, October 9, 2011

GLOC fall trial

Another trial in the books and another interesting yet good weekend.  Camped all weekend in my van at the camp away campsite and I will have to say, really like this campsite alot.  Dog park is way bigger  and the camp ground is really nice as compared to the KOA i camp at usually in omaha.  Slept in my van rather than bringing a tent and it worked out great.  Glad I brought my little generator as it got a little warmish in the van at night but other than a little rain, really enjoyed the relaxing weekend.  No qs this weekend but each run, even the hot mess run as we shall call it had good parts.

 Started off running standard on friday and a very nice, fast run with one bar.  I will take it, would rather have one bar than disaster.  Jumpers again was one bar but I also got lost after the bar so we missed two jumps as I forgot where in the hell to go.  Need to not get so flustered when he knocks bars.  Saturday standard again was little bobbles, was suppose to flip to a tunnel after the dog walk and he turned up the dog walk instead.  I guess I said something like uh oh or oh man as he was stressed from that point on and was a wild child.  Even released himself from the table into a two on two off to the delight of the crowd.  Never done that before so i guess there is a first time for everything.  Jumpers was a bit better, decided to do a lead out pivot at the beginning as it was jump and then weave.  He read it nicely but popped out around the third pole.  Guess he didn't collect enough.  Also had a wrong course but he stayed up and didn't stress so was glad for that.  Sunday was good and bad as well.  We had a flip back to the tunnel after a dog walk and he got it but I ellected to do a rear as he came out to turn him into a pin wheel as there was a dummy jump straight ahead calling their name.  The front cross was sending dogs straight to it so I thought the rear was a better option.  Well, it was but he didn't turn for whatever reason and almost was to the jump with me calling him off frantically.  Got him going again and the next troublesome part was the triple to a single bar jump back to a tunnel instead of the a-frame which was straight ahead.  Well, I did a big decel, which he hadn't been reading and he read it but only too much and didn't take the jump. I was probably not supporting it so my bad.  I would rather him read the decel too much and not take a jump versus going ahead of me when my body is saying don't.  Got him over the jump after a big fat R and got to the a-frame and the little butt head released off the a-frame and hit the weaves going 100 mph.  Of course he popped himself out again and I was still standing at the stupid a-frame trying to figure out what just happened.  So now this is a your done and out offense.  Jumpers was good until he came blasting out of the tunnel and didn't even try to collect for the weaves with me saying easy weave.  Oh well, we had good parts.

I was a teensy bit disappointed in 0 Qs in a whole weekend but I do think he is running better and is so close to doing some great stuff.  He had one standard run where he had one little wide turn and the fastest BC also had one little bobble and their times were identical.  OF course it was only one time but it made me smile.  She then beat him by like three seconds in the next JWW run but she is a tight little turning BC.    I think we are again gelling as a team and will get there very, very soon!

1 comment:

  1. He was a good boy.... he is getting it! His speed is lovely, and so is yours, Miss 5K lady!!! :)

    ReplyDelete