Friday, October 21, 2011

HUGE changes coming:)

I have a huge announcement.  I am pregnant.  I never thought I would be uttering those words but they they are.  They look so scary on paper.    I have always said that when the good Lord is ready for me to be a mom that it will happen and boom, it has happened.  Now to make this dog related.  I am really, really nervous about how this affects my goals with baby-D.  I was hoping to go to nationals and such next year with him (mainly USDAA since we aren't qualified for AKC and won't be by the cut off).   I was also hoping to be working on his MACH by next year.  In a way, we have plenty of time so I am not in a rush but I am super scared about how having a baby will affect my training and trialing time.  Money is so tight as it is and factor in having to pay for daycare and diapers and possibly a newer more dependable car scares me to death.  I also had big plans for Stella and tony .  Stella was to be trained running contacts (correctly, not the tony coleman method of letting the dog run and praying that they are in the yellow) and now I am just not sure how we are going to be able to devote the time needed to doing this.  He is very infrequent about his training now and i am sure with me having a baby, the excuses will mount up.  I am also very worried about teaching.  I just feel like I have built up the clientele needed to keep this going and now in less than a year, I will have to at least take a break, if not give it up for a while. And don't forget my running.  I have just now gotten to where 5 miles was a very comfortable distance for me to do daily and was working towards 6 and then a half marathon.  That will have to change for sure.  This is all quite a shock for me as I have been off of birth control for almost 6 years now and nothing has happened.  I guess when it is right, it is right!

I am still wrapping my brain around all this.  So much change so quickly.  Lori's building is a go and she will be moving very soon leaving us trainerless.  Stella is of course in her very naughty puppy stage right now.  Deuce is going through another hormone surge and peeing on things right now.  Then add in baby, YIKES!  I so wish my mom was here as I think between her and tony and i could still train and teach but I just don't know how it is going to happen otherwise  Oh well, fasten your seatbelts!

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS ON THE 2 legged one!! WOW.... what a change! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Ami! I think I am still in shock!

    ReplyDelete