Sunday, October 23, 2011

KCGRC weekend

First trial after making the announcement that I am preggers.  Lots of hugs and lots of confidence that I can keep up what I am doing and have a baby too.  Hoping I can stay healthy and active.  It was HARD getting up at 5:30 and getting in the car with the nausea and the dizziness.  Mom wanted me to have tony go with and I was hoping he would but he didn't.  I pretty much alternated between super tired and super pukey feeling all weekend but still managed to handle Deuce well.

We had three runs a day both days starting with T2B which I love having first as it is such a good warm up.  I think if I can remember right, he ran past a jump in the first T2B so no Q and then missed the weave poles (second obstacles, pointed him right at them and he acted like he couldn't see them) in the second T2B but the rest was awesome and he got a Q and 7 points (2nd place if you looked at the times). Not alot of people did T2B so no big win but it did feel nice to with two a-frames that he could have won first.  Did a blind off of the a-frame and it felt good and kept him moving with no creeping.  It is when I have to FC at the bottom of the a-frame that I now get the creeping so i try and keep those to a minimum.

Jumpers was great both days and both days missed weave poles entries, URGH!  The first course I think was on me, I did a pin wheel and before he took the third jump, he just ducked behind me (as i was saying go weave to collect him) and took the weaves.  Too bad it wasn't in the sequence that way because he would have had a clean entry but because i was still standing at the jump in disbelief, he stopped and looked back, like where are ya mom?  The rest of the course was WONDERFUL!  We haven't had an awesome run like that in so long so I was actually pretty happy even though I had opened my big fat mouth.  Jumpers was even better today but he went in the second pole even though I was pushing him out trying to shape the entry.  He just cut in and said got it and he didn't.  I was a little pissy about his one as again, beautiful run but he had no excuse to cut in and take the weaves with me trying to shape the line.

Standard was great today, our very first MX leg and 18 points.  Low YPS but I did hold his last contact a few extra seconds so I could make sure i was in position and I also decided to help him into the poles with a rear cross into them versus getting a front cross in with a tighter line.  He did not get his poles in standard on saturday which was the same entry as we had in T2B that he did get so not sure why he missed that time.  Both times it was a stop on the a-frame and then weaves.  I think he went in the second pole again but I did think he was collected enough.  We were on the other side of the poles in T2B so I am kind of puzzled as to why he missed this time.  Talked with alot of different people about his weaves.  We all think he does know the entry and it is a collection issues sometimes, but sometimes it is like he doesn't even try and of course when I take him back, he gets it but the angle and speed is all wrong.  So i think we are going to try taking him off. Hate doing this but he just isn't trying sometimes and he does get them most of the time in practice and at home in similar set ups.  I know the adrenaline adds an extra layer I don't get at home or practice but this is getting a little ridiculous.  Out of 6 attempts this weekend, we got 2:(  i could count the one in jww as he did get it and stopped because i was stopped.

Oh well, more training and the november WDTC trial in a couple of weeks! Overall ever single run was 100% much improved from the last show.  I think we are in that period of teetering between almost getting it and disaster but closer to almost getting it and getting it.  Baby dogs are so much fun to figure out!  Taking 7 days off to go to new orleans with the honey for a much needed dog free vacation.  Mom is staying with the dogs so say a little prayer for her LOL!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment