Friday, October 14, 2011

left behind

I knew this would happen.  I am sitting here, watching all my friends at USDAA nationals having great and not so great runs and I am sad.  I want to be there!!!!!  The courses look hard this year as compared to previous years I have gone and i want to run them!  Of course I do feel like Deuce needs to grow up a little before we can handle a lot of those challenges in those courses.  I went out and set up a few of the jump sequences since i don't have all the equipment and played how would i handle this or that.  I know our first year of going will just be a fun, learning experience with no expectations.  I am not sure how he will handle the whole getting there at 6 am and not running till 12 hours later.  It really bothered miller the last nationals when we were there at 7ish and he didn't run till 7ish that night.  Miller loves his crate but he flat out refused to go in it after we had walked for like the 100th time that day.  I think even if they had an rv to stretch out in that I would be worried about them sitting there all day.  Anyway, sacrificing several AKC shows this year to do USDAA so we can get qualified since it is in CO this coming year.  Had a great team lined up for the new years trail but it isn't going to be so still looking for a third.  I hate winter trials, especially those that we have to travel for because I won't go if it is snowing and that is money down the drain.  Why can't i live in CA!!!!  Wishing tony would have gotten that job offer after all now.  The good news is that we will hopefully next year, early rather than later, should have a new USDAA club in our area and a place where the old club can have trials regularly.  I will work my ass off to make sure it is successful for sure.  I have said it a million times but i will say it again, I could give up AKC and just do USDAA if we had more.

Stella update time!  Tony has done some training with her as we are going to do the CLASS program that APDT has.  We are going to take the BA level training hopefully soon.  She is doing better with duration on her stays so we just need to make sure that is more solid before we do take it.  I do make sure that she does some behavior for everything.  I see major impulse control issues with her so she has to sit before she is let out of the crate and wait to be released, she has to sit and wait for her food and when we are playing fetch, she has to do a behavior before I throw the toy.  Her newest behavior i am working on is back up and she has added that to her chain of offered behaviors.  In class the other night, tony wanted her to sit and she kept backing up instead of sitting.  Then she started barking at him like give me the damn treat, I am giving you a behavior!  The other day I was working on her toes behavior with a chunky plank and she just wasn't offering what I wanted so she squatted and peed on the board like, is that what you want?  Such a great sense of humor.  She really is perfect for tony, stubborn, hard headed and biddable at the same time.  We are regressing a little in our house breaking and i am blaming this on tony.  When she is alone with him and I am gone to a show, he just doesn't pay good enough attention to her and she sneaks off.  I am also not so sure she isn't having some accidents in her crate.  Her crate pad kind of had a urine odor on it so i washed it this morning.  She is in a size appropriate crate so not sure how to cure her of peeing in there as she is probably laying in it too.  The sleeping is good and bad.  Here the past two mornings she has decided to get up at 4 but I think it is the cat that is causing her to do so.   As it gets colder outside, the cat sleeps in more and more.  I just hope she is good for my mom when she is here in a couple of weeks and we are gone on vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment