Monday, January 16, 2012

I can't breathe!

Had the European seminar this weekend in KC with Lori.  Went down saturday night since the seminar was early sunday morning and I still feel icky in the morning.  Not puking anymore but still get super dizzy and have these weird pressure headaches.  Didn't really want to drive feeling like that, although I guess this weekend for the show I will be anyway.  Had a great time shopping and eating in KC.  Sometimes I do miss the convenience of a big city but i sure don't miss the traffic!  So much good shopping(well if you consider old navy and target good shopping)so close by.  I could get very fat and very poor living there.  Anyway, still felt a little icky that next morning but got up enough in time to sit around and have some breakfast and caffeine.  Now as you know, European courses require alot of running and alot of independent skills.  The first sequence had a very hard weave entry coming out of a pretty much straight tunnel with an off course jump right there calling their name.  I thought for sure we would nail it with all of the weave work we have been doing but me being up there caused him to extend and take the jump and me being back caused him to curl in and take the wrong entry.  I can definitely tell on course work, we are super rusty.  He is going through another phase of I just want to run and not listen or collect so battling that on a super tight, twisty, trappy European course was a bit hard.  I was super out of breath many times on the course and just couldn't get commands out.  At one time as Lori was instructing me, I just had to sit down on the floor and try and catch my breath.  This is a new feeling to me so it took me aback a little.  I have always been able to run or send and get to where I need to be and now the bun is sucking my oxygen right out!  I have entered through the end of april so hope I can still run then!  Have started running again on the treadmill but not full out running.  My belly is getting heavy so the bouncing is a little uncomfortable but wearing my belly band to help support it.  Now if I could just figure out how to stop craving ice cream, that would help!

Overall the courses were tough but fun.  We had a great group of big dogs and handlers ranging in experience from really green to really experienced as well as handlers who have been to the big shows and won and to us regular people who just like to play on hard courses.  I was overall happy with how deuce handled but he still wants to shop and run balls to the wall and not listen when I am running hard and on those European courses, you can't take anything for granted so running is a must.  I was not surprised but a little disappointed that Deuce was blowing hold his contacts.  Great training opportunity as he got nailed several times when he self released, especially when i was trying to get a blind in and he passed me.  Hoping that will carry over this weekend for the sunflower show.  Would like to start getting those elusive double Qs we need for Tulsa before this bun gets here.

Came home after a nice lunch with one of my agility friends I hadn't seen in a while and then took stella to tricks and clicks class.  Yes, tony was suppose to take her but once again, he didn't feel like it.  I point blank asked if he was going to do any of her training and he said yes but with no conviction.  Heck, I kind of want to do her 2 x 2 training anyway but he can do her running contact work for sure.  I will help but I want him to do all of the running, I can just video and click:)  She is smart as I whip and fun to work with.  may take her tonight for agility class just to get her out of the house.  She needs exposure that she isn't getting since I don't usually take her with me at the shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment