Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Trial weekend YIPEEEE!

So i was going to get on the treadmill and do some walking/jogging and the flooring guys had parked once of their big pieces of equipment behind it and I can't move it so bummer:)  I am so ready for a trial and the weather is going to be good for once in the winter time, yipeeeeeee!!!!!!  It's an AKC trial but we are at least going to have three runs a day and there are two judges.  I have a feeling that there will be no crating space by the time I get there saturday morning but at least I can crate in the car.  It is suppose to be high 40s, low 50s so he should be okay and I may just bring the demon with me too so she can get some exposure.  I took her to class the other night and after I had set up, I lowered the bars down to 12 inches and let her do some little sequences.  Wheeee, she is fun to run and toy driven so I don't have to lug around cookies.  So nice to just have a toy in my pocket for her.  I accidently let her go up the teeter before we had played the bang game and I think it surprised her so after that she wanted to get off of it a without doing her 2 on 2 off so we had to do some work to remind her the teeter is fun and she can control her hind end.  I still feel like she needs more hind end awareness work before we do any running contact practice.  She seems to love doing the a-frame and the tunnel and even did a full height dog walk once.  I try to keep contacts at a minimum since we are going to do running.  Then I had her out while I taught and instead of her normal screaming at the dogs and handlers on course, we tugged and offered behaviors.  She was a little angel for both classes until i had to put her up to show to demo something with deuce.  Luckily she was in the van so no one could really hear her screaming full out.  She sounds like a seal being slaughtered when she gets going.  Overall i was very happy that she now can listen and give behaviors to me while other dogs are running versus her usually behavior of screaming like a banshee.  She even was a good little girl this morning by getting back in bed and letting me sleep till 7:30.  Now, if we can just keep this routine till the baby is born!

No comments:

Post a Comment