Sunday, January 29, 2012

Muttfest

Had our second annual Muttfest yesterday.  This is a gathering of local doggy ventures like dog walkers, people who make doggy stuff and trainers.  We have demos, speakers and booths and it is free to the public.  I have helped with the planning of it for the last couple of years and always look forward to the speakers and the demos.  This year was my first year at having a booth which kind of stressed me out because I also am in charge of moderating the speakers in another room.  I also am not very creative when it comes to booths so had no clue what to bring or what to have to draw people in.  In my last minute haste, I had found some St. Pat's stuff already out at Hobby lobby so bought some shamrocks and some garland that had shamrocks on it and a white table cloth.  Real creative right? Kind of goes with the emerald city theme.  Need to visit oz fest again this year and load up on some emerald city stuff I guess.  Anyway, stuck some professional pics of the dogs up on the wall and on the front of the table and had a sign up sheet but still was really lacking.  I need a logo and I need something to hand out to people.  I am just not creative so need to hook up with someone who is.  We had a fair amount of people come by and sign up and lots of questions.  I shared the booth with my friend Joc who just built her own barn for agility.  I teach outdoors in an un-fenced area so there is a huge need for an indoor facility for those doggies who like to run off.  If they run off in our area, they will be long gone into the great yonder.  Knock on wood, haven't had this happen yet but it is always a possibility.   We tried to be good about talking about each other's businesses so that we both got information out.  I may teach some out at her place and do some privates out there anyway.  She is closer to me than the all star field but I do love teaching at the all star field and will continue to do so.

I think the demo was a hit as we had a HUGE crowd.  This year we had a PA system so I got to actually talk to the public instead of us yelling at them or not talking at all.  We couldn't set up much so just had a couple of jumps, the tire jump, a tunnel and weaves.  I think the crowd got a big kick out of it even if it was small.  We even had a couple of questions at the end which was fun as well.  Even got to show them a few things we do with puppies like balance disc work since Joc had her baby there.  As always, looking forward to next year being bigger and better!

On another note, Stella had a very interesting week.  Let's see, she ate a pack of gum that had xylitol in it and got to go throw up at the vets and caused me a day off and then yesterday got on the counter and ate the sandwich I was fixing in a matter of 5 seconds, not exaggerating.  She really is preparing me for kids!!!!  She got to hang out with her daddy all day yesterday since I was so busy and couldn't deal with her all day.  She got to go to the dump and help daddy clear up the deck which I hope he will get fixed today.  I think she had fun hanging out with him and glad that he was willing to take her yesterday and have a daddy daughter day LOL.  

No comments:

Post a Comment