Saturday, February 4, 2012

20 weeks and counting!


I can't believe I am already this big!  I alternate between hearing that I am huge to hearing that I am not big at all.  This week my boss told me I don't even look preggers.  WHAT?  I hope people don't think that i have just suddenly let myself go and am turning into a barrel.  We got to register last weekend for baby stuff and I am starting to get excited.  We wanted a puppy theme but the puppy themed nursery stuff was super expensive so we decided to go with a more generic star/sports theme since we are in All Star agility.      Even found a very cute star diaper bag that I have to have!  Wrong color blue but who cares.   Found a stoller and car seat with a star theme too but tony wanted a different type so didn't register for that one.  My dog show friends are hosting me a baby shower at one of the shows and I can't wait to see what type of star/doggy themed baby stuff they come up with!!!!

To make this whole blog dog related, I am getting very excited to see how the dogs will react to the baby.  I think they will all be very good with kids but my concern is sleep.  Everyone tells me sleep when the baby sleeps.  Well, I have been doing this with stella so i am kind of in practice but I am just hoping that the baby's sleep schedule and my sleep schedule and stella's sleep schedule all coincide.  She is a ball of energy and has to be worn out so I guess it will be up to mom and Tony to wear stella out so I can sleep.  Mom is going to be here hopefully before I give birth and then who knows how much after so we will devise a plan.  I think Miller will for sure be the protector and will probably sleep next to the crib.  Harley will probably be indifferent and deuce and stella will probably both be their normal over zealous little wiggly selves.  Must teach stella to not greet with her feet so much!

I am kind of getting excited at the prospect of having some time off too even if I am destined to be a milk cow.  Work has been super busy here lately and i have been standing up for 8 hours at a time which sucks when you are preggers.  Thus the reason my walking/running plan has gone out the window because my back is so tired when I get home that I usually park my butt on the couch and ice it.  I have decided to go ahead and enter shows till the end of April.  Just don't know about may yet.  We only have two shows that are close in May, one in Omaha NE which is 3 hours away and then the Triune trial which is in KC but at the end of the month.  I am a little concerned about the Omaha show because i usually go by myself and it is alot of back roads in the middle of no where.  Not a great place to go into labor if you know what i mean.  I was born a month early so if that sort of thing is genetic, that would not be a great plan.  I am afraid by Triune I will be too big.  I am already clumsy as hell and get winded easy.  I can get someone else to run him but will i even be comfortable enough to drive up and camp?  Will have to wait and make that decision closer to time.

Well, need to stop being lazy and get up and clean the house and of course entertain stella!

No comments:

Post a Comment