Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Really, really tired

After three days of 5 runs a day (except sunday), I have been completely wiped out.  I only have one more USDAA show before the baby is born and it is a two day but may need to consider having someone run him some.  I am not going to enter the Grand Prix so that I can save myself mainly and enter all the masters classes and steeplechase.  I am hoping I can run him till the end of april but as I get bigger, it gets harder.  I took monday off to kind of chill with my feet up and because as usual it had snowed and iced and i was playing a wuss and I needed the rest.  I could have gone in with my hubby as he works on campus but I was so tired when I got up and fed the dogs that I stayed home.  Anyway went back to work yesterday and not sure if I just didn't have much to do or what but was worn out so much that I went home around 4 really ready to just go to bed.  Then of course hubby surprised me with flowers and pizza and i perked up.  Still stayed on the couch most of the night.  I hate this feeling because I was so active before the baby but I am trying to listen to my body and take it slow.  I did get my baby jogging stroller in last week so I can run when the baby is here to stay motivated.

Been thinking alot about USDAA nationals.  I am thinking we really need to sit out this year.  While we are qualified, I just don't think deuce is mentally ready and I am not sure I will be ready with the baby by then.  As my mom reminded me, we drove to arizona twice and KY once to show and of course all the way to North Carolina, so who cares where it will be next year.  I am still on the fence as to what to do.  On one hand, I feel like I have forever with him since he is only 2 and there is no need to rush.  Then I hear about people with youngish dogs getting injured or getting cancer or having bad things happen to them and I think do I need to do things now before something happens?  Can you live your life like that anyway?  Always waiting for that shoe to drop?  Still thinking about it. I found another person for team that isn't sure if she is going and has a young dog and quite frankly if I went, I could just go to fill a broken team anyway.  I would have 0 expectations other than have fun.  Still thinking..........

On another note, I am kind of getting excited to have andrew.  I can't wait to expose him to all things dog.  I really hope he shares our love of dogs and all things dog show.  I think feeling him kick so much makes him so real now.  Now kind of wishing this would speed up so that we can meet the little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment