Friday, May 16, 2014

Recovery Week number three

It's been another quiet week of recovery. I scheduled a body work session on monday to be proactive.  I call it body work rather than massage because massage has a nice sound to it and this is anything but nice.  It is nice in that I feel wonderful a few days afterwards but during?  Well during I am in a ton of pain and I am usually crying or swearing.  It's definitely part of the process though if you want to run.  I have been relatively injury free for almost a year now (KNOCKING ON A HUGE PIECE OF WOOD) and I attribute it to be very proactive in recovery.  I have one more half marathon this spring/summer, a few 10 ks and then a big fall/winter planned with at least one big race a month.  This week has been quiet with regards to running but not quiet for this little guy.
In the wee hours of wednesday morning, he woke up crying hysterically.  He has been known to have night terrors so we thought that was all it was.  Then we heard it.  And smelt it.  He had horrible diarrhea pouring out of his diaper.  I quickly changed him (and myself) and got him comfortable again only to be woken up again 45 or so minutes later to round two.  Hubby took the duty this time.  When they didn't come up after a little while and I heard no crying, I figured they were sleeping downstairs and went back to sleep.  When I woke up again at 5 am to check on them, they were up watching Disney channel.  I guess after sleeping for a little while, he woke up vomiting. Poor little guy.  It is such a helpless feeling to see someone who doesn't understand what is going on have something like this happen.  This is truly our first bout with the true stomach bug.  I am really, really glad that it only lasted about 6 hours total.  
Daddy headed off to work while I stayed home with the little man. He slept for about three hours and then woke up like nothing had happened.  So crazy how these viruses work.  He was even hungry and thirsty so we let him eat some saltines and drink some Gatorade.  He was not a fan at all of the Pedialyte.  He managed to keep down the crackers and some lunch and then ate a full dinner of three scrambled eggs. I guess he gets this from me.  I can puke and an hour later be starving to death and eat.  He went back to preschool the next day and has been fine since then.  Tony and I washed and I cleaned like crazy so we hope we are past the infectious stage.  I missed out on agility class that night just in case I was contagious.  
I just had to add this pic of stella.  This shows how intense she is all of the time.  She is a BC in an aussie suit.  She is part crazy and a whole lot of energy.  I am really glad she is fourth aussie and not my first.  She is ready to run her first marathon for sure!



No comments:

Post a Comment