Monday, May 26, 2014

Triune Memorial day show

It's been a long time since I posted a purely agility type blog.  I haven't had much great stuff to post about really.  I always try to get out to joc's house once a week but the last two weeks have been bad.  One week andrew had the stomach flu so that was out and then the next week, tony had a union meeting so that was out.  I had 0 expectations and just wanted to have fun with my friends and play with my pup.  To minimize the time away from work and from andrew, I had just entered saturday and sunday.  I had to get up at 4:30 to get ready to leave to make it to the show site.  Only for my addictions will i get up that early and be happy about it.  This was what the drive up looked like:
Why yes, Deuce did take that picture.  He is pretty good with a camera phone isn't he?  I had blinding rain the first hour or so and it was dark so I white knuckled it at 55 mph for most of that time.  It finally stopped near KC but look at those crazy clouds!
As my agility trainer said, there must have been horrible turbulence up there! Luckily when I got to the show site, it hadn't started raining yet so I got set up and all of my crap inside before the bottom dropped out.  Surprisingly, we just got rain, no storming.  I had entered three runs a day, T2B and jww and standard.  I love using T2B as a warm up and we had a great first run.  A bar because i think my FC was late.  Nice way to start the weekend out though!  Jumpers was a super fun run but I got way ahead of deuce and actually in the wrong position as he was coming out of the tunnel, causing him some confusion and causing him to miss his weaves.  The rest was beautiful so I don't care.  Standard was a lovely course as well under one of my most favorite judges from TN.  We are FB friends and i LOVE her courses.  Helps that she is from just down the road in TN and we can talk about home.  We had a very tricky serpentine on the course that I didn't handle correctly so he missed the second part of it but again, the rest of the run was amazing!  It is so nice to feel like we are FINALLY back to where we were before I had andrew.  Yes, it has taken almost two years and one very important surgery (bye bye balls) and some growing up but we are finally headed in the right direction.  

Saturday night I stayed with a good friend and her aussie and BC.  We had pizza and beer and girl talk and I loved it.  We even got some shopping in and I found a new shirt and shorts for running.  Please don't ever let a Kohls open up in manhattan.  I will be in big trouble if it does.  LOL I see Boo her BC in the background smiling too.  Didn't notice that when I posted to FB.  I had three runs again and started off the day with a smoking T2B run.  He missed a very tough weave pole entry but I got him back in and finished.  Jumpers was very interesting.  The beginning required a very long lead out which is not a problem for him at all but I watched dog after dog break their stay. I am not kidding, 6 dogs that I know of that have very solid stays broke.  I was a little nervous about this fact so when I came to the line, I gave him a VERY stern, you wait.  I think that was my undoing.  That and i miss handled a very crucial part that set him up to miss a few jumps because of the line I set.  The rest of the course was kind of mess but we finished.  I take full credit for the mess that it was, just like the jumpers run the day before.  Standard was once again a very nice smoking run.  His time was the same as a super fast golden that kills courses in our area.  Yeah, we had some moving contacts that will bite me in the ass in the very near future.  He had one bar.  One stinky little bar that made no sense but that is the story of our life.  It was amazing and together and took my breath away.  That should be what it is all about anyway.  I sure do love this dog!
I honestly don't have another show planned yet.  The two june shows conflict with either my half marathon or my vacation to TN so june is out.  There is USDAA in July but it is 6 hours away and that is a bit much for me.  I wasn't planning on doing regionals because I don't have any Qs and I don't have a team but may need to re think that.  I should take advantage of a show so close.  The premium isn't out yet but will have to check it out when it does come out.  I do need to keep up my one a month shows as I think it is good for both of us!  



No comments:

Post a Comment