Friday, May 2, 2014

Recovery Week

It's been a quiet running week.  I took a page from the recovery week from the last half and cut everything on my schedule by one mile or 2 repeats.  I am thinking though I will keep the three miler for today and the 8 miler for this weekend just to be selfish and have more time with my BRF.  Running with her is therapy and I need some right now LOL!  I was proactive this time and got a massage on tuesday versus waiting till things got bad.  I was told by the master of pain that my muscles felt way too good and that I needed to push harder.  He is such a task master!  I am still hoping for a 2:10 at this next race. I really think that I could have had it this last race had it not been for two stops at porta potties and the storm.  I know i wasted three minutes at least, possibly even more.  So for the next race, my A goal is 2:10 and my B goal is anything better than 2:13.  Bring on the good weather and a flat course!  Here is a video of the next half we are doing, the Running with the Cows Half Marathon .  If this doesn't get you excited, I don't know what will.  I kind of wish it was this weekend but my body does need two weeks I think to recover and get back into racing mode.  I am very tempted to enter the local 5 K this weekend too but we have so much going on this weekend that I'd better not.

I haven't updated lately about what is going on with Mr. Andrew.  So much is going on that it is overwhelming at times!  His vocabulary has grown in leaps and bounds lately and he can now answer simple questions like are you hungry or are you tired.  His favorite word is no, which he says a lot.  Unfortunately bath time, which use to be his favorite time is now a dreaded event. I had read that this commonly happens but I thought to myself, no way, he LOVES baths.  Nope.  Not so anymore.  He still loves puddles though:)  He also now has a girlfriend at preschool.  Awesome.  Guess he is starting super young.  They are said to hold hands and walk around together and they do everything together.  The other day when I went to pick him up, he was outside on the play ground riding the little tractor they have, pulling another little girl in the cart that it tows behind it.  Such a ladies man.  He has suddenly become infatuated with wooden puzzles, especially wooden puzzles with cars and also bubbles.  The train thing is still there but maybe waning a little now, although he asked if he could watch choo-choos  last night before bed.  He has also learned how to pick his nose.  His finger is permanently up his nose lately and we are trying to let him know that we do that in private, not in public, if needed.  I am sure this is another gem he picked up at preschool.  He also was written up yesterday for biting another kid but the kid had has fingers in andrew's mouth so I really don't blame him.
I should do a Deuce/agility update as well.  Can you tell it's a friday and I have long incubation times on my experiments?  We are still going to Joc's place once a week and calling it good.  This was the view wednesday night.  Gorgeous.  Joc and I are doing a booth at a local dog event.  While I am still undecided about teaching (but leaning towards not) I still love agility and still love getting the information out to the public.  Deuce has been running some with stella and I, but I like to keep his distances down around 5 or less miles and no speedwork.  Will probably take him out today if the traffic isn't too bad with the Kansas Sampler festival in town.  He is unfortunately suffering from seasonal allergies this year.  I routinely inspect his ears and am an ear nazi when I see him shaking his head so I was super surprised this week to see blood red ears on the inside though no shaking of the head or scratching.  I also noticed he had some spots on his back legs where he had chewed and then in class I noticed hair missing around his eye.  I haven't seen him chewing/digging/scratching  but he is alone for 9 hours a day while i work.  Anyway, I immediately started him on claritin but wasn't seeing the results I wanted so he went in yesterday for a steroid shot.  Hoping that helps us get it under control so the claritin can do it's job.  We have another show end of May, just two days but I am excited to see everyone and see how he does.  I missed the local UKI show and heard it was a blast, so I am hoping my fall races don't coincide with the next show she does.  We really are super lucky to have both more USDAA and UKI in our area now so we don't have just ACK to do (yes, I misspelled that on purpose).  WT try outs are this weekend so going to be cheering extra hard for our coach and everyone else out there competing.  So now you know what's going on in my world!


No comments:

Post a Comment