Saturday, May 10, 2014

Running with the Cows, Final half marathon of the Heartland Series

The boys are out enjoying a KSU baseball game so i am going to try and write till they get home.  I have so many emotions right now and so many cool pics.  Let's start out with this one.
Bib and outfit.  Ready to run with the cows.  Stayed with some friends in yet another really nice hotel.  It even had a keurig in the room.  Wow.  I was impressed.  They also had a huge container of fruit infused water in the lobby.  I may have overdosed on this water. 
It is now a tradition.  Prior to any race in KC, we have to go eat pasta and cheesecake at the cheesecake factory.  You have to have carbs right?
A race with super cute merch.  I limited myself to one piece.  They had a pink running jacket that was really wanting but I was a good girl:)

I wanted a 2:10.  I was actually able to line up next to my 2:10 pacer.  He was AMAZING.  I give him credit for keeping me slow when I wanted to be naughty and go fast and pushing me when I needed a push.  He also MADE me walk through most of the aid stations.  
It's called running with the cows because you are literally out in the middle of nowhere running amongst pastures.  I thought it was like heaven.  Minus the hills.  Those were tough.
Cool stuff to see.  Plus TONS of water/gatorade stations and snack stations.  Never have done a race with snack stations. While I did not partake, I thought it was a super cool idea.  
We ran out and back under these babies.  So awesome.  
This girl.  We didn't know each other prior to the race but we liked each other's pace so we hooked up and stayed together.  There were times I wanted to slow down and she wouldn't let me.  We made each other walk through the aid stations and we sprinted at the end.  I finished with a HUGE PR for me.  2:09:48.  Still riding the high from this one.  
The bling.  Such nice medals.  Want a close up?
My heartland series medal.  I will be back next year for the even bigger medal and  hopefully the  year after that for the super cool jacket.
More cows.  Love this medal too!
My traveling buddies.  So glad these ladies are in my life.  They kept me calm and cool before each race.  Can't wait to do Hospital Hill in a month with Amanda.  She has a bandit running with her in her belly like I did when i was preggers with andrew.  
And one more with another cow.  This is a super fun (although very hilly) race with an out and back format.  The food afterwards was AMAZING but I couldn't eat as I am usually sick to my stomach after a run.  This race was super organized, loved the merch and I will be back next year to do it again.  I can't believe I just got another PR on a fairly hilly course.  When I come down from cloud 9, I will probably do a Heartland series recap.  I will be back next year and can't wait to do HH in another month!











No comments:

Post a Comment