Monday, June 13, 2011

bummed

Haven't been back out to the agility field since my latest out break of poison ivy. I HATE poison ivy and never want to go back on steriods again. Well, after hearing that my vet mowed, decided to go out and see if I could practice with baby-D. The weather here lately has been so nice, high in the 70s, low humidity. Thought I'd better take advantage while I could. Sad to say that the field was 3/4 covered in poison ivy. I got the shivers just getting anywhere close to it. Tony and I went to look at sprays for PI and unfortunatley will have to wait till his unemployement situation settles before we can invest in the big guns. I have heard from several sources that it is super hard to kill anyway so really don't want to spend lots of money on something that might not work. Sad to say but have decided to bring my equipment back to the house and just do small drill work there. Going to miss my field for sure, especially wanting to work on collection issues. The good news is since I am teaching twice a week, I can use the all star field for practice alot more. Now to get the rest of the equipment from the field and get it rinsed with water to try and get rid of any oils that might be present on it. I think I will let tony handle this chore.

On another note, I ran another 5 K this weekend and shaved time off of my first time. My first time was 31.47 and I finished this one in 30.53 and actually got second place in my age division. I am so addicted!!!! Actually am going to try meal replacement and protein shakes (got some free samples) to see if I can get my weight down even more and am trying some pre-run supplementation. I also found a running program I would like to try but it again has 5 days of running so not sure how I am going to fit that into my busy schedule. I signed up for a work out class that my personal trainer is teaching in wamego for some cross training opportunities. It is only 20 bucks for 4 weeks so i am excited. The only drawback is that it is at 6 am:( I am NOT a morning person so this will be a huge battle of wills. I am hoping that that this will encourage me to go to be earlier and actually sleep. I would like to also run more in the morning as the temps get higher. I like running at night but always in the back of my mind fear people snatching me up. Plus when I run at night, I am up till 1 or later wide awake. So here is to turning over a new leaf of working out more, eating better still, and cross training. I know they all benefit my dog agility for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment