Monday, June 27, 2011

I'm so excited! (as sang by the pointer sisters)

Getting really excited to head up to Ann braue's three day agility camp!!!! I can't believe we leave a week from today. I can't wait to get some outside eyes and opinions on my baby. It's going to be hard, I am a perfectionist and I have an ego that tends to get in my way sometimes. I am wanting to go into this experience with a giant open mind and soak up everything like a sponge. I have been to a Karen Holick seminar before so I am excited to hear from Ann and Jennifer. Biggest issues we are having right now are collection and I look forward to learning how to take a dog that is super amped at a show and remind them that yes, they do know how to collect.

I will have to say, the other night in class, we really had the best class that we have had in months. Baby-D and I were just clicking and he was listening and I was trying some stuff and we were successful more than we weren't. I really feel like this was the first class where we were really in sync. Not sure why, courses were hard but doable, temperature was not horribly hot but not cool. Did get a little stress at then end as we ended with a hard weave pole entry so i quit while we were ahead. Wanted to end on a good note so had him do some dog walks as he LOVES alice's rubberized dog walk (WHEEEEEE).

Today is Baby-D's second birthday and it is hard to believe I have had him two years. It just seems like yesterday he was just a cuddly little bundle of fur. He is still my baby, still sleeps beside me, touching me, and still lays in my lap when we watch tv. He still has impulse control issues that we work on daily, and still is a lover of all people, dogs and things. Happy birthday baby-D, may there be many, many more!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment