Friday, December 27, 2013

A mommy day

I am currently in the middle of a mommy day and I am LOVING it.  I forgot how nice it was to be alone.  I took the day off from work.  We had one thing to do and that was it and the kiddo that lives in manhattan took care of it so I could save myself a trip in.  I am big on getting the christmas stuff and tree down the day after.  I probably won't be able to do that once andrew is more into christmas but for now, it had to go and he won't know the difference.  I was ready to clean in that corner as I could see big dog hair bunnies laughing at me,  because they knew I couldn't get to them.  Plus I wanted to move andrew's new race track out of the middle of the floor and over to that area.  I also packed up some of his toys today since he has new ones.  I so want to donate or sell all of his baby stuff but i SO don't want to curse myself. I have known way to many people who have gotten rid of everything and then gotten pregnant immediately there after.  I think I am quite content with one thank you.  He can have lots of friends at daycare, preschool or school to make up for the lack of siblings or he can adopt one of the dogs as his sibling:)  I have also had a nice morning of re organizing christmas things, getting rid of cardboard to the recycling and grooming dogs.  Sometimes when I get behind on things, like grooming dogs, I feel so out of control and it almost makes me feel panicky.  I am so type A, everything has it's place and everything must be done on a schedule.
dog/runner selfie.  Never works as good as I hope it to work.

I also went for a run outside!!!!  My last three runs had been inside and I was dying a slow death. I also was having big issues with my neck and shoulders being super tight since I have this irrational fear of falling on the treadmill.  I needed to do a tempo run this week and I wanted to do it outside.  I missed running on christmas day thanks to me procrastinating and then going on a date with my hubby and then I missed going the next day because I had andrew and no daycare.  We are currently in this weird state of snow thawing and then the water re-freezing on the roads.  I think this is going to be the case for a while.  I almost fell twice yesterday just walking to and from my car on campus.  I knew that I would have issues running in town because my road still hasn't been bladed down all the way so several parts are still snow packed and slushy/icy thanks to the thawing and refreezing.  I used my in town time as my warm up  and took my time and then used my out of town on the highway as my tempo.  Worked great except my new watch was doing some pretty weird things.

My new garmin 220.  Pretty excited about this new gadget

Okay so I had wanted a new garmin as soon as I saw the new ones come out.  First of all IT'S PURPLE, and I love all things purple.  Second of all, it is suppose to have lots of bells and whistles and I felt like I was ready for an upgrade (mom, get ready, you are getting my old one since you are the only one that reads my blogs).  I thought I had everything set but I was in for some surprises.  I thought i had my height and weight set but I was looking at the highlighted section as being white not blue and the highlighted section was blue.  SO i had chose my height to be in cm and it was set at 60 cm and my weight was set in kg and it was off as well.  It must have been thinking I was running super fast for a miniature fat person (when i switched it over it said 990 lbs) because it put me at a 6:14 mile.  Then i figured out that it was also set in Km and everything was screwy.  It had my lap at .6 of a mile instead of a mile which is what I was use to.  I just had to stop on the side of the road, reset everything and then start over.   I am pretty sure that I ran way more than 3 miles but I did get my tempo in of 30 minutes with a few minutes at a 9:10 pace, I think, so mission accomplished.  I learned that the best thing is to get on main roads as any road in town is a mess right now.  I meant to go down town to see how the sidewalks were but cut through instead.  Will long run tomorrow and hoping the trails are not a muddy icky mess.  I would rather go to the trail to do 8 than do it around here.  What little gravel i was on today was pretty soggy and muddy but this a limestone trail so hoping it is better.  So far this holiday month, I have not missed any runs so I hope i can keep it up!  

Okay back to my mom day while andrew is at daycare.  I think I hear the upstairs and laundry calling my name.  I love organizing and cleaning!  





No comments:

Post a Comment