Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Good bye 2013

Wow, what a year!  I started the year with a 6 month old baby and ended the year with a year and a half old toddler.
I went from going to at least 2 if not three shows a month to just one if I was lucky:(  No nationals or regionals or any traveling really.  No goals, successes here and there but our first QQ and some really nice runs and time with my agility friends.

I started running.  I have been a runner for years but this was my year for some serious goals.  I started working out hardcore in January and then started my four day a week running schedule in May.  I ran numerous 5 Ks, three 10 Ks and one half marathon.  I logged over 600 miles in just 8 months and made  some new running friends including my new BRF robin.  
We traveled to Tennessee with an almost one year old to spend a whole week celebrating.  We made it one piece going and coming even though I came back sick.  It was so good to see family and for andrew to get to see so much of his Tennessee clan.  

And this happened.  14 years since I last saw him and he walked out of my life, my brother walked back in.  God I love him.  Maybe I should write a blog about him.  Think the movie the Blind Side and you will know our story.

Lots of change happened with my job as well.  We went from just doing research on grants to a full fledged service center for a company called Bionano Genomics.  I have had lots of ups and downs with my job but I feel like we are heading in the right direction and will be able to remain open with a full line of clients.  

What does 2014 bring?  I am sure more changes.  We will hit the terrible twos although I am pretty sure we are already there.  Probably even more cutting back on showing.  I am still making peace with that.  More racing and more fun runs.  More PRs and a heck of alot more half marathons (hello heartland series).  Will write about goals in another post, but here is to another great year full of change and fun, dogs and running!
From the Red Aussie Crew, have an awesome New year!




No comments:

Post a Comment