Monday, January 20, 2014

a longish run


Another weekend of not getting my exact mileage in.  Needed a speedwork tempo run on saturday that didn't happen thanks to the 50 mile and hour wind gusts that never died down (thanks for not telling us the truth weather man) and also needed 11 miles on sunday.  I was still coughing so we decided to just do 6.  Glad we did because even though it was warmer and there were no wind gusts, there was still wind that was sustained.  Not sure what the mph was but it kicked our butts.  I actually coughed during the run several times.  I think it was a combo of the wind affecting my breathing and getting hot because it was warmer than normal.  The wind was a southern wind which is so odd in winter.  I got it done regardless and am taking a rest day today.  Today was suppose to be high 50s but when andrew and I went to the park, it was cool, cloudy and windy yet again.  Sigh.  I am so over winter.

Will have to see what this week brings.  I think i have 6 miles on the schedule this weekend so may bump that up since i have done a 5 and a 6 the last two weekends.  I have made two decisions this week which may affect my running but I need to.  I want to get back to taking regular classes with deuce and I want to get back to showing even if it is one show a month or one show ever couple of months.  I helped my kiddo that I mentoring to do her exit project this weekend.  She wanted to do a small agility class for friend and family so i brought obstacles and helped her and it was a big success.  And it proved to me how much i LOVE this sport and how much i really miss it.  I am hoping we get the same tax return this year so we can blast our credit card debt.  I am getting an extra paycheck this month so i can afford a local show if I do just the regular classes and no tournament or team.  I can drive back and forth and maybe do a long run in the afternoon or take a weekend off.  I think I have enough of a base built up now that missing one long run won't hurt me.  Also thinking about doing one show in march as well.  There is a usdaa show three hours away or aussie nationals 6 hours away.  The only reason I even consider aussie nationals is that mom could meet me and we could spend time together.  Both would have hotel room costs and both would have gas costs.  Alot to think about for sure but thinking anyway.  I miss agility:(

No comments:

Post a Comment