Friday, January 24, 2014

friday catch up

I did it.  I sent my entry in for the february USDAA trial, (just the regular classes), for one day of the local AKC trial (local meaning an hour away) and have my entry filled out for the USDAA trial in lincoln NE .  I also called a few of my agility friends this week and just talked.  Boy do I miss them more than I knew.  I also entered two races, one a 5 mile trail racet and a virtual race for one of my long runs that benefits another runner raising money for a charity in africa.  She is running 37 miles on the treadmill on her 37th birthday and raising money in doing so, so I figured my long run could be dedicated to helping her raise money.  I am also eyeing a diva dash here in manhattan to benefit the girls on the run running club but it has a hefty fee to enter.  I think it is another race where you get alot of bling and I just like races where you get a T and you run but maybe I can work on a PR.  It looks to be a super flat course.  Kind of bummed that if I do the USDAA trial that I will miss the st. pat's 10k but I want to support USDAA in lincoln too.   More USDAA less than 5 hours away would be nice.  As i have said 100 times, I could so quit AKC and just do USDAA year around.   I also asked to be put on a waiting list for a local ballet class for adults. I should have looked at the classes beforehand and just got into them before they filled.  Our college has classes for credit or non credit taught by people in the community on a variety of topics and super cheap.  I have always LOVED ballet and took a beginning ballet class in grad school.  They have had their first class and I haven't been notified of anyone dropping out so I guess I won't get in.  Maybe next time.  I tell you, the best shape I have EVER been in was that semester doing ballet so I am hoping if I can take a class, it will help my running.  So spring is looking to be a bit busy and I am excited.

I did get two runs in so far this week and had coughing fits after my speed work but not during.  I took it easy last night after my pace run on Tuesday and just did four at a 10:12 pace.  I confused the hell out of stella because I decided to go a different way and then got wishy washy and kept turning down different roads and she got so confused.  I have to laugh about our speed work. I say our speed work because miss stella is an awesome pacing partner.  I had originally thought I would just ease back into my week by doing 4 and my long run pace and then do speed work later on in the week.  Well, as usual as I started out, I felt good and my legs felt speedy so decided to go ahead and do the speed work. Except I had forgotten what pace I needed to do, so i whipped out my phone while running in the low nines and checked my email to look at my plan.  I saw 9:10 so I thought well, that is pretty speedy for me but if my coach believes in me, well, so do i so let's do this.  I hit mile 4 in 36 minutes and was getting pretty tired and on the verge of coughing but toughed it out and finished the 40 minutes.  Then I looked at my phone again and my plan and realized, whoops, the 9:10 was for the tempo run last week that I missed due to being sick and that my pace was suppose to be 9:50 for 40 minutes (which now seems to be my comfortable mid distance pace).  I am so happy that my fast is getting faster and am so ready for some races, particularly the 10 Ks. I feel like I can really push this pace even more and I think a sub 1 hour is a reachable goal now for sure.  I have another longish run this weekend but only 6 miles now that I am back on my plan.  Then an easy 4 either today or sunday. We are also contemplating andrew's first hair cut.  I am sure I will take tons of pictures if we decide to go that route!

No comments:

Post a Comment