Saturday, January 4, 2014

long run hangover


I had a big long run hang over that included not waiting to do anything for the rest of the day.   Luckily my kiddo wasn't feeling up to snuff so we sat around and cuddled all day and watched a star wars marathon on spike tv.  My legs have really been bothering me this week and I have no clue why.  I did some nice fartleks at the beginning of the week, actually seeing some 7s on my watch during the one minute hard interval, and then ran the very next day in the low 9s for my 4 miles.    I really need to go get a good work over by my massage guy, its been too long.  My hammies are super tight and sore after every run and my hip actually was bothering me today.

We again had to beat the snow forecast.  Lucky for us, we beat the snow but not the cold front.  Wow, when we started it was actually warmish.  We were comfortable in our base layer and jackets.  Actually got a tad sweaty.  I had my first in a long time, I have to go to the bathroom now time.  Funny because my tights wouldn't go back over my sweaty butt, so I am pretty sure I mooned all of casement road.  Yep, your welcome.  About 6 miles into our 8 mile planned run, the wind started howling and the temp dropped immediately.  We were not dressed for that at all so when we got back to the car, we ended it.  7.33 miles in the books instead of 8, and it was tough.  The temp was nice starting out but the ice randomly everywhere on the trail was not.  We had decided that the pace as not important, that the mileage was.  I had to run somewhere different today and risk some ice.  Three weekends in a row on the same long run route was not going to work for my mind, even if we had to only do 8.  The above scene was some cows we came across.  They followed us for a while but didn't run with us.  We were bummed but stella gave them the stink eye for at least a half a mile.

It's kind of funny, I don't even view 8 miles as a long run.  Anything over 10 is a long run now.  Maybe I am prepping my mind for marathon training?  If I can keep my body together, let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment